You have To Be Kidding Me

"WHAT"

General Zev chuckled at Zen's exaggerated reaction.
"It's not the universal heat death, Zen.
Just some squad transfers. For intergalactic well being and good cause."

Plutonians are partially robotic, partially organic. Their 'helmets' are actually their robotic looking heads, but the rest of their organic body is covered with armour painted to match their 'helmet'.

Zen's 'visor' warped in dissatisfied fear.

" Sir, I just... Aren't they dangerous?"

The General sighed, shaking his head.
"Zen, we've been over this. It's okay. I met the guy they assigned to you. He's laid back.
Maybe exactly what you need to cope with all that fear you got in there."

************

"Ah, FUCK."
The curse rang through the hangar as the Martian engineer grabbed the toe to his boot, staring at the ceiling as the part he dropped on it rolled away.

"You good there, Mexare?"

Another Martian walked out of the ship the engineer was working on, head tilted.
Martians and Plutonians are incredibly similar in physical appearance, except Martians have bulkier builds in general, and more squared off helmets.

Mexare cursed under his breath again, regaining his footing.
"I'm good. Have you met the guy they teamed you up with yet?"

Aux shrugged, adjusting his shoulder pad slightly.
"Not yet. But the plutonian maintainability guys put a bunch of crap all in my ship.
Walkways, a fucking mini ROOM in the wall.
This entire program better be worth it."

***********

Zen wrung his hands, pacing. His sleek white armour only highlighted his feminine form, something he was self conscious about.
He was rather slim for being a male, and he had always felt frailer or fragile because of it.
Being around the larger, tougher Martians was... Intimidating.

"So... I'm going to live.... On a stranger's ship... In... The middle of the universe knows where... For a intergalactic friendship agreement? Shit. Shit shit shit shit shit."
Zen frantically mumbled to himself as he walked down the hallways to the hanger.

************

Aux looked over at the Plutonian's door into the hanger as he heard it activate.
" Oh... "
He looked Zen up and down, smiling.
" And here I was afraid of getting a punk bitch."

Zen swallowed thickly at the Martin's courseness.
The Martian was... Massive.
Muscular. With a scratched up black paint job, a blue planet insignia faded on his shoulder pad.
The Martian knelt down, the bulky armour clicking as he did.
" I'm Aux. And I'm guessing you're the lucky plutonian that gets to hang with me until further notice."

Zen nodded slowly.
Aux's shadow was... Stifling.
An armored hand reached out, wrapping around Zen's body before he could do anything.

"HE-HEY! I-I DIDN'T GIVE YOU CONSENT!!!"

Aux tilted his head. "How else were you gonna get into my ship? Walk all that way? No short stuff, you're gonna have to get used to this."

"My name is Zen! And... I... Will..."

Aux tilted his head to the other side.
"... Come on Zen. Let's get you settled in."