Chapter 9

"Do you think Y/n and Nino would be okay after this?" Itsuki asked the quintuplets.

"It's Y/n we're talking about. He'll find a way through Nino's walls." Miku said.

"Agreed. It's normal to have disagreements in relationships. Even me and Fuutarou have small quarrels." Yotsuba said.

"Right! They'll figure this out. Anyways, I need to do my part as well. I need to tell the masses that it's a clear misunderstanding." Ichika said as she took out her phone and started typing.

"Ichika, the article said that you guys went into a clothing shop, what was that all about?" Itsuki asked.

"Ah, I was supposed to check the clothes there after Y/n was done finding a ring for Nino. When we were done, I was asked by Y/n if I had somewhere to go, so I said at the clothing shop nearby. He then offered to bring me there so I agreed." Ichika explained.

"Social media these days does not know what privacy is nowadays..." Yotsuba said.

"It has always been like that, Yotsuba." Miku continued.

"Right! The best we could do is hope that Y/n and Nino can talk this out." Ichika said.

"Agreed, this is a challenge for Y/n though." Itsuki continued.

"Yeah, she is pretty stubborn." Miku continued.

"I'm- no, we're all sure that Y/n can do this!" Yotsuba finished as the three nodded.

Meanwhile on Y/n's side...

"Crap... I just saw her take a taxi." Y/n said as he started to drive.

As Y/n was driving, everything he had ever experienced flashed onto his eyes. He knows that it's a big misunderstanding. He has never been stressed like this before. Such a person under this kind of pressure would not know what to do. All those times wasted if Nino won't come back.

"That's Nino's taxi!" Y/n said.

Suddenly, a bunch of cars overtook him as the traffic was also getting worse.

"Goddamn..." Y/n said as he stopped his car.

Luck was truly not on his side as the movement of cars became slower and slower until it completely stopped. By this time, Y/n had already lost track of Nino's taxi.

"It's hopeless... I shouldn't have stayed silent awhile back..."

.

.

.

The traffic has long continued its movement but Y/n has lost track. Eventually, Y/n made his way to a location that seemed so familiar.

"T- The amusement park we had our first date in..." Y/n said as he stopped his car for a moment.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to visit." Y/n said as he moved his car to the amusement park's parking lot.

He then went inside and took a look at the glowing lights and fun rides of the place. Y/n reminisces on his first date with Nino- Well, his first date with a girl in general. Nino is after all his first love.

"Huh? Is that her?" Y/n said as he took a glance at Nino.

"Yeah, it is her." Y/n said to himself as he started to follow her slowly.

After a minute, Nino reached the ferris wheel as Y/n followed suit. Nino was the last one to go inside so she was still at the bottom of the ride.

"Wait, don't close it yet. I'm with her. Did he forget to tell she's with someone?" Y/n said to the employee who was in charge of the ride's gate.

'Ah, I see. You can go in, sir." The employee said.

Y/n then went inside the capsule and sat beside Nino, surprising Nino for the unexpected event.

"Y/n L/n, your boyfriend. I'm here to explain what happened." Y/n said as the ferris wheel started to rotate.

"It was a big understanding, Nino. Ichika just helped me pick up some stuff at the mall and since she helped me, I offered to take her to a nearby clothing shop as a sign of gratitude." Y/n explained, still avoiding any mention of the ring.

"Hmp! What did you buy? You never told me anything about that." Nino asked.

"Jeez, you really are stubborn..." Y/n said.

"Oh? Then why bother dating me in the first place if I'm so stubborn?" Nino exclaimed.

"You didn't let me finish... You being stubborn? I love that about you. And because I love you so much..." Y/n then took the box out of his pocket and opened it.

"Nino Nakano, may I be so lucky just for once... Will you marry me?" Y/n said, Surprising Nino.

"I- Is this the one you bought?" Nino asked.

"Yeah... It was going to be a surprise but I guess not everything would go my way..." Y/n chuckled.

"I- I will marry you, Y/n! I want to spend my whole life together with you. I was so conflicted on what to feel when I saw the leaked picture you have with Ichika in the mall that I never bothered hearing your side. I'm sorry..." Nino said, accepting Y/n's proposal.

"No need to feel sorry for making me the happiest man alive." Y/n said as he kissed Nino on the lips.

"Through ups and downs, I'd always be by your side... Even if you say I'm just a disturbance." Y/n continued.

Suddenly, a notification ping was heard from Nino's phone.

"Oh? You also have your notifications turned on when Ichika posts on her social media account?" Y/n noticed, to which Nino blushed.

"Y- Yeah... Anyways, let's read it." Nino said.

The post read: "I am very sorry for the misinformation and rumors circulating around the internet. I do not have a boyfriend and the man I was with in the picture is actually my sister's boyfriend. Again, sorry for the inconvenience. Also, congratulate them as they're getting married soon~!"

"I- It's like she knew what was gonna happen..." Y/n said.

"It's just like her..." Nino said as she rested her head on Y/n's shoulder.

"Who knew that I'd also propose to you here where we had our first date?" Y/n chuckled.

"I- I don't know... I went here to take a look back at everything that had happened to us." Nino said.

"There's no looking back now. I promise we'll have a bright future ahead, Nino." Y/n said, kissing the girl on the forehead.