Chapter 27: Crystal Clear

Opacity shaded midnight, as illumination seamlessly dwindled into obscurity. A polished glow weighted with purity shimmered through the cracks between a toned emerald hand that belonged to an exhausted warrior. The burnished aurora flawlessly tore through the ominous dusk without pause. The crystal she found that night was much like a soul gem with the same proportions, but seemed much more powerful and compelling. She thrusted the crystal into the air and held it over her head, assuming there would be some sort of reaction to the moonlight, due to the similar colour. A flash of a wispy flare struck her, sending an electric pulse vibrating her muscles. Her vision became blurred as she collapsed into the ash dusted path, blinding her completely and paralyzing the Dragonborn. The crystal she was previously clutching smashed against the ground and shattered like fragile glass. The pounds of a heartbeat slammed into DrazuLiin's eardrums when the fragment of a silhouette crept to her side and begun to shake her shoulder gently. Even without her vision, it was obvious that it was her companion crouching over her. The unmistakable gleam of a dagger struck her garnet eyes, a wave of panic and disorienting fear flooding her body before greeting the sting of a bade kiss her abdomen, embedding itself beneath her skin.

Is this some sick dream? The thoughts taunted her mind when she was rudely awakened with pain, the Orc draped forward with the realization of being tied to a wooden chair nailed to a cobblestone floor. She lifted her chin and glared at a lantern swinging in front of her, an overly sized hand to match. "Why did you have to drop that damn gem? Worth a lot of gold, but I suppose not so much after you utterly destroyed it. You've wasted not only my time, but my patience as well." A familiar voice growled with a disinterested tone. The warrior attempted to hide a confused expression with a smug grin. "Perhaps I should have smashed it against your face. It's probably better then that stupid thing trying to kill me. But you'll do that anyways, won't you?" Her voice was raspy with uneven breathing, but it made no difference to either of them. With a hiss of anger, he pulled out the still bloody weapon he used on her. A shiver raced down her spine before turning her pale face away from her once loyal friend. "I hope I was convincing enough to get you close enough? All of that hard work to waste since you broke the only thing I wanted." Aggression dripped off of his words. Tears never came, just empty feelings she thought to be useless. He drew closer to her, wanting to take in every second of her pain. She loosened the rope around her ankle and kicked him in the shin with as much force as she could muster. "You should've just killed me." The warrior finished before lifting the dagger with her foot towards her hand and cut the bounds around her wrists. Nothing could stop her. Not now.

She pulled him up with her hands around his neck. "What did you want with it?" She questioned in a threatening manner. "Legend told that if you harnessed it's power you could blind any enemy with its paralyzing light powered by the moon. You proved this to be true before smashing it. You're lucky to be moving." He explained, his body shaking. a blaze of furiousness seized her actions with the fuel of betrayal. All of this for some rock? She dragged the sharp blade against his neck, watching a river of a sticky fluid trickle down his collarbone before dropping him. All the warrior could feel was a struggle to bury her feelings into the ground like a corpse. Never has she been imprisoned by someone like she was some dog, a starving wolf in a cage, abandoned by her own self preservation. She was alone inside a farmhouse still mostly intact, underground. Her one and only friend and companion was now gone. He portrayed himself as someone who cared, all for some story about an old rock left behind to gather dust in a chest. Ghorbash pretended to be someone he's not for his own amusement, used her for his lust, then allowed his obsession to succumb to his pleasures. She wanted him to forever loose himself in the void, to always remember that he sacrificed his free will and decisions for the seducing desire for power over others.