Chapter 4: Death

*spoilers!*
She knew there would be more of them. Helgen wasn't just some small camp. She would have to get to high ground to see how many cutthroats she would be dealing with. She glanced over to the tower she had seen earlier. The huge hole that the World Eater had made would make the perfect spying point. But she would be risking her life just getting there. She started to pull out her iron sword, but decided to go with the blade of woe. just looking at the glimmering blade made her uneasy and reminded her of who she killed with it. She thought of the Dark Brotherhood everyday since it went up in flames. She hated the empire because of it. She gripped the dagger in her hands ready to make her way to the tower. She would have to make her way past the drunk bandit that sat on some rubble ranting on about some woman. She would probably have to kill him eventually, so she decided to get it over with now. She quickly stood up and sprinted past the gate to the other side of it, then dropped on her hands and knees to crawl behind the incinerated house. Once she was on the other side, she heard the bandit's half empty mead bottle shatter on the cobblestone road. She peaked past the side of the house only to find the drunken bandit tripping over himself waving his steel axe in the air like a madman. "I know someone's there!" The bandit gurgled. She huffed in agitation. "More setbacks." She sighed.

She sat waiting until the blubbering bandit finally stumbled to the ground with a thud. None of the other raiders gave him a second glance. She rushed over then raised the dagger over his neck, then slammed it down on him. She took the blade out and dragged the body behind the house. She watched as his eyes rolled back and blood poured from his fatal injury. She took what gold he had on him and moved up to the next house. Nobody had noticed her yet, and she prayed it would stay that way for now. She pushed her back against the side of the house and crouched, ready to pounce on her next victim. She was prepared for more bloodshed, whether it was hers or not. The wall crumbled under her touch, but the stone still stood in one piece. She inched her way past the rest of the wall and was behind another building. By the size, she could tell it was a shop. She had reached the edge of the wall and was glaring at three more bandits, deep in a bickering feud about what road to raid next or which rivalling bandit campsites to assault. She began contemplating the options of taking them out. Charge into battle? Too risky. An onslaught of arrows? How would she dispose of all three of the bodies? Nothing seemed like a good choice from her position, so she decided to keep moving towards the deteriorated shell of a tower that stood before her.