CHAPTER 36 - Coincidental Meeting

I didn't tell Meng SiQi that I had met with He Li during the day.

I was afraid that he would become worried for no reason.

When he saw me being dispirited, he came up to me and asked, "Are you still worried about the announcement of your father's will tomorrow?"

I gave him a forced smile. "Yes, I am afraid that Father was angry at me and refused to leave me even half a cent. When that time comes I'll become pathetic, not having anything to my name."

I probably did not look any better when I smiled as I was almost as pale as a ghost.

"You don't have to worry about that. Even if you don't get a share of his assets, I still have the ability to support you." He winked at me. "I may look like this but I'm still a golden bachelor in this city."

I teased him, "Huh, as a single average man, you still dare to call yourself a golden bachelor."

Finally, I was able to smile comfortably.

Even if I lose everything, there would still be someone waiting for me.

I told Meng SiQi, "I'm really afraid that my father left me nothing."

It was because that would mean that in the end, he didn't forgive me, and refused to recognize that I was his son.

Meng SiQi also didn't say a word since he knew what I meant.

"As I was growing up, I did a lot of frivolous and rash things. Even if I knew that there was a thornbush, I still rolled over it without regret. However, this one issue will torment me for as long as I live." I then covered my face with my hands.

"JiYu, even now, you still can't put it down." Meng SiQi said gently, "In this world, there are no parents who hate their children. Even if their children make a lot of mistakes, they will still be tolerant. So, don't think too much about this."

The next day, Meng SiQi asked if I needed him to accompany me.

I shook my head with a smile, "Who would take a doctor with him when dividing their family properties? After all, it's just a little fortune and I wouldn't faint due to excitement. There is no need for you to worry needlessly."

Meng SiQi sighed and said helplessly, "Once something happens, call me. When I woke up this morning, I felt uneasy as if something might happen. I can't help but worry about you."

"Don't frighten me, I'm already nervous enough." I was really scared.

Meng SiQi repeated himself one last time, "You must give me a call when it's over."

"Ok, ok. Recently you're turning into a nagging old lady."

Both of us then went downstairs where Lu QingFan had already sent a car to pick me up.

When I arrived, Lu QingFan and the two lawyers were already waiting for me in the study. When he saw me coming, he nodded to the lawyers. They then opened the document and began to read the will.

While my palms were full of sweat, Lu QingFan's face was as usual, very calm.

"... my assets will be divided into two parts, one for my son Lu QingFan and one for Pei JiYu..."

As I listened quietly to what the lawyers said without intonation, I was not interested in anything else except this part. After hearing it, I was suddenly relieved, as if I had suddenly been relieved of a burden as heavy as a thousand pieces of gold.

My father still recognized me as his son.

He didn't blame me.

Finally, the lawyer concluded, "After the tax is paid, the assets can be officially distributed."