Chapter 12

Kai's POV

We arrived at the hospital. Damon and I made a deal, I help them, they let me merge with Jo, and two of my siblings get to live. Simple really. I get that they aren't important to me, but I do really think I can change. All I need is a second chance.

"All right, I need a 12-gauge needle stat. Don't know what I'm gonna do with it, but I need it." I said walking over to Caroline's mom.

"You're not a doctor, so stop playing games." Elena said.

Neither are you?

"Because I am a vampire, and I will rip you head off if you screw this up." She threatened.

Way to state the obvious.

"What she said, so do your stupid little magic-suction trick and suck the magic out of her. Right now." Damon said.

"I get what you two see in each other. Its very dys-fun-ctional." I joked. "See what I did? Stressing the 'fun' in dysfunctional-"

"Just get on with it Kai. Listening to you talk makes me wanna die." Liz interrupted me.

Ouch.

"That's good." I said looking at Damon.

I lightly grabbed her arm with one hand, and the side of her face with my other, then siphoned the vampire blood from her body.

"Is it working?" Damon asked.

"I have no idea." Elena responded.

Do they ever stop talking?

Jo walked in right after.

"What the hell is going on?" She asked. "What is he doing here?"

Jeez, am I that terrifying?

"Hey sis, a little busy. Be with you in a jiffy." I told her.

"Elena?" She asked in fear, wanting an explanation.

"I'm gonna let Damon explain." She said.

"Yeah." He said, leading her to another room.

"I'm staying with you." She said looking back at me.

I'm flattered. About a minute later there was nothing left to siphon. "All done."

"Sheriff, hey. You okay?" Elena asked.

"Yeah, I think so." She smiled. Then, she started groaning in pain. She held her heart like she was having a heart attack.

"I think shes having a heart attack." Elena said.

Wow, really?

"That is so tragic. Because you guys jumped through hoops to get the magic out of her system, but then her ticker just isn't strong enough to take a little siphoning." I said, showing absolutely no emotion.

She wasn't important to me, but then again, no one is. This wasn't my problem so I disappeared. I went to go find Jo, I'm finally going to get what I want.