I.E.D

A young blonde girl runs through the grounds of Beacon Hills High School. She parkours over a walkway and hides among the school buses. Her left hand has been cut off, leaving only a sizzling stump.

Violet rocks up, holding aforementioned heated garrotte. Blondie hides in a school bus and her eyes glow Beta yellow to confirm her werewolf status. She crouches in one of the bus seats, muttering: 'The sun, the moon, the truth.'

Violet makes her way onto Blondie's bus, playing with her necklace of death.

Blondie hits Violet before running off the bus.

Garrett pulls up in his car and tells the girl to get in the car because 'she's coming'. She jumps in the car and Garrett locks the door.

Garrett : Seriously? I can't believe you fell for that.

Garrett pulls out a knife and stabs Blondie in the chest.

Stiles sets up a new and improved murder board.

Stiles : So the Walcotts were the first. At least the first that we know about. Four murders: Sean, his brother, and their parents. They were killed by a professional assassin called The Mute.

Stiles : Weapon of choice: a military tomahawk. But then The Mute was killed by Peter Hale after he tried to blow up Derek with a Claymore mine.

A mine which Deputy Parrish, former Afghanistan IED expert, helpfully dismantled.

Stiles : Next was Demarco. He delivered a keg to the party at Lydia's lake house and he got decapitated outside his car.

Stiles : And then last night, 23-year-old Carrie Hudson.

Scott and Stiles show Sheriff a printout of the dead pool. Apparently this is only part of it and the rest still has to be decoded, which explains why some of the key supernaturals aren't on this list. They tell Sheriff that Lydia transcribed the code without realising it as part of her banshee abilities and the code was broken with the key word Allison.

No one is happy about that being the key but it did reveal a third of the dead pool. They need two more cipher keys to reveal the rest of the list. Lydia has been at the lake house with me all weekend, listening to the record player over and over again, trying to find the other two cipher keys. She looks absolutely wrecked and eventually I have to physically pull her away from the record player.

Stiles tapes the cracked third of the dead pool to his murder board and crosses off the rest of the names. All that remains now is Lydia, Scott, Derek, Kayleen Bettcher and Elias Town. There's no way to know if they're werewolves or other supernatural creatures drawn here by the renewed power of the Nemeton (magic tree stump from season 3).

Sheriff wants to know if 'here' means Beacon Hills or Beacon County. The population of Beacon Hills is just under 30,000 but the combined population of Beacon County is closer to 500,000 people. He's worried that the next cipher key will unlock not just 12 names but 100.

Scott and Stiles tell him that there's a limit to the number of names. Since we know that the Benefactor is transferring money to people it's a safe bet that the combined total of the numbers will add up to the $117 million that was stolen from the Hale vault. Stiles grabs the dead pool and starts scribbling next to the names, revealing which ones seem to be thousands of dollars and which ones seem to be millions.