Chapter 23 (What are We?)

No One POV

Two girls cuddling under the dim light on the sofa while watching a show on the TV. They're watching The Secret Life of Pets 2.

"Sana-yah, don't you want to adopt a pet?" The latter asks without taking her eyes off the TV. Sana smiles, amused  by the latter's question. She caresses the latter's hair "I do, but I need parent's permission to adopt one. Mine were in Japan, remember?" Sana softly explain. "Ah, yeah. I forgot about that." The latter giggles at her foolishness. 

"Momo-yah," Sana calls Momo's name, more like whispering her  name. 

"hm?" Without turning, Momo responds. But Sana remains silent. She wanted to say something but it all got stucked in her throat. Upon hearing Sana's silenceness, Momo turns to face Sana. She looks up as she's laying in Sana's arm. "Why aren't you talk?" Sana looks at her. 

"I forgot what to say. hehe.Sorry." Sana said. Momo hits Sana's shoulder's gently. "Aigoo, my friends has become forgetful these days. Lemme help you with your illness." Momo gets on Sana and tickles her all over her body making Sana laugh uncontrollably. Sana rolls over the couch trying to dodge Momo's tickles. But Momo being the pro tickler never miss. She keeps on tickling her best friend until Sana suddenly pulls her into a tight hug making them facing each other with less than 2 inches distance. Both of them stopped laughing and both can feel their heartbeat beating in one rhythm. There's this intense feeling around them that makes one of them brave enough to take a drastic act. Drunk with each other's eyes, they can't hear nor feel anything else. Just their breath and racing hearts.

Sana comes closer and closer to Momo. With every centimetres their hearts double the beats until two lips unite, under the dim light and seen by the TV. Sana nervously wait for the latter to reciprocate the kiss. One beat. Two beats. Three beats. And like a miracle Momo slowly moves her lips to match with Sana's movement. The fireworks spark inside of Sana's heart upon the respond. She feels like she just won a long term war against an invisible wall. Sana cupped Momo's face to deepen the kiss. She wanted the time to stop now, she wants this at least become a loop so they could stay like this forever. Tasting each other's chapsticks on their lips, the taste that one have been craving and other have been wondering. 

After a moment of sweet first kiss, they pull away to catch some air. Both looking into each other's eyes. One was loving while one was confused. By the moment Sana wants to touch Momo's face Momo run away from Sana. She runs out of Sana's apartment. Leaving Sana alone on the couch, brokenhearted again. She knew this would happen sooner or later. And it happens now. Momo leaves her.

Momo POV

I didn't just kiss my bestfriend right? I didn't just crossed the line right? Wuarghhhhh, what have I done? I KISSED MY BESTFRIEND. WHO HAS A CRUSH ON ME. DANG IT! Why did you let your lust take over Momo??! You shouldn't have kissed her. Now you run away from her, leaving her brokenhearted alone on her couch. 

I am sitting on the bench at the playground near Sana's place. Trynna figure out what the hell should I do now that I had kissed my very own bestfriend. And leaving her right after. What a worst thing to do. Haishhhh! Out of many things could happen why this? The first time I didn't feel the desire to responds to the kiss. But tonight, it just feels soo right to move along with it. I feel the urge to respond to it. And....  *touching her lips* it tastes good. tastes right. Is it right thing to do tho? Can I really step up to another level with my bestfriend? Can we?

...

No one POV

Sana lays down on the couch where the kissing moment take place. She put her arms over her head. Eyes on the plain ceiling of her apartment while mind goes blank, not knowing what to think after the incident earlier. She really thought everything is fine but it actually not. She sighed again for the nth time. Regretting every moment that she just enjoy and treasure a few minutes ago.