Chapter 2

Summary of the chapter - Although the dungeon the reader finds herself in is cold and scary, she manages to overcome everything and reach the upper floor of the castle with the help of someone. All she has to do is escape the castle with Ethan and find the answers they are both looking for.

A/N - I'm so sorry for the lack of this chapter!! Your feedbacks are well appreciated 🤍 Don't forget to check this chapter on AO3 as well! I'm sorry in advance If I have lots of grammar mistakes, that's because my main language isn't English <3

You heard the gasping sounds coming from the dungeon, all your limbs frozen from the cold. You did not know exactly what was going on, but to be honest, you did not want to know. You just wanted someone to get you out of here, or if no one else did, you had to get yourself out. Suddenly there was a knock on your right side, and you realized if it was Ethan or one of the sisters. But if it had been one of the sisters, they wouldn't have come so carefully, they would have walked right out. Left and right would not be clear. You did not know if you were shaking with fear or unease as you continued to hear the click you heard. You were angry at Miss Dimitrescu for throwing you here, and you were angry to find out why someone who had come here would bring their child here. You thought you would have known one hundred percent if that child was here, but when had Miss Dimitrescu ever told you or any of the maids anything secret? But no. In fact, she did, and the only person who knew that secret information was your mother in this castle, aside from the sisters. The clicking sound grew louder with each passing second, even as you were mad to find out what your mother had gotten herself into. You went to the darkest and darkest corner in the dungeon you were in so that the thing that came to you would not find you and do something, but after a while the noise stopped. You just sat there with goosebumps, not even thinking about moving. But there was one thing that urged you towards it, which was that this person might have come to where you are now, but as the minutes passed, it was like they could not tell where you were. You slowly got up from your seat and walked towards the rails. As you looked to your right and left, you could not see anything in the darkness. . But suddenly you heard that sound that made you startle. It was moving slowly. Like it was not in a hurry. A growl could be heard next to it. Was the person who would attack you in seconds or minutes working with this creature next to him? Of course you were over thinking about it, because this creature did not hurt you, because before it could even get near the iron, it was hit by a slap on its head. You stood there grimacing at the screeching sound, not backing down.

Seconds later, a tall, long-haired silhouette strode out of the darkness with a huge hammer in his hand, and you more or less remembered this person. You knew that you had encountered this person as a child, wandering around the village and having this man do your mother's pampered things. This person was none other than Karl Heisenberg. Not many people in the village liked this man because his personality was thought to be very crazy, but you liked him because he made you laugh and secretly gave you candy (even though your mother was angry). Of course, that was just a silly reason for you to really love him, but you had to admit that as he got older, his charisma grew too. Maybe it was because your thoughts about men changed as you grew up.

He slammed his hammer on the ground, and the stones from which he had dropped it scattered everywhere. You could see his face more clearly now. His face, which you had thought charismatic, now glowed in the light from above. It must have been because of the look on your face that he let out a grin and adjusted his hat. "A bird said you were here, and I can say I almost did not show up, but I guess we both have interests now, huh? Back off." You did as you were told, and retreated to the corner where you had been sitting a few minutes ago, watching carefully what he was up to. He took a wire tool from his pocket and in a few seconds unlocked the lock that Mrs. Dimitrescu had locked. He turned his head towards you, and after a wink, opened the door and signalled you to come out. Even though you knew each other, you did not understand why he was still helping you after all the monsters that came to the village and the chaos that followed. He knew where you were there, and most importantly, who had told him.