zero

" Mummy, wake up please" I shook the lifeless body of my mom as it laid on the white hospital bed.

" Sweetie, that's enough now" the doctor said to me, trying to take me out of the room while the nurses covered up the cold body of mom.

" No, please don't take me away from my mom...Mommy please" I screamed and cried at the same time.

She had just passed away from battling with cancer for a while and the shocking part was that, she never got to tell me about it. My mom just passed away, the only person who understands me, cares for me and loves me.

Finally, the doctor was able to get me out of the room where my mom laid and took me to another empty room where she tried to calm me down as I was crying helplessly like a baby.

" Sweetie, that's okay. I understand how you feel about losing your mom, but it's fine... she's probably in heaven watching over you now"

" You think so?" I said, trying to calm down and she nodded.

" But she's the only one I have left in the world" I cried.

" I know sweetie, I know... but I'm sure that there's gonna be other people who's gonna love you the same way that she did"

" I doubt it" I hiccupped.

" Just think about it" she told me then left the room as her attention was called.

I looked down to my chest and saw the locket in which she handed over to me before she passed on to the great beyond.

" Keep this safe, it's your guide to finding out your father" Her last words rang in my ear. Does it mean, my father is still out there?

Whoever he might be , I'll find him.

Don't worry mom, I'll find that one man that abandoned you. I will.