one

Three years later

Rose POV

" Alright, kids settle down" Hailey, the caregiver announced to us and I watched as each kid settled themselves in every corner of the adoption hall (An: I made that up, don't know if that's what they call it)

I sat in a lonely corner, isolating myself from the rest of the bubbly kids, I wasn't ready for any sort of conversation at the moment. Today was Sunday, which meant adoption day and of course, I had already lost hope of being adopted cause it's been 3 years since I've been in the orphanage after the death of my mom and besides I was already getting old to be adopted cause in a matter of 2 years, I'll be 16, so yeah, I can wait.

An hour later

I watched as some foster parents came and adopted some of the cute little kids around while I sat at the same corner, fidgeting with my fingers, hoping all these would just end, cause all that was on my mind was just go up to my room and rest my head.

After a while, I slipped out of the adoption hall and was about to go to my room when I overheard Hailey talking to various male voices. Out of curiosity, I peeked into her office and saw her talking to five young men.

" So, we're here to adopt a girl" the one with the curly hair said.

" Okay...what age are we talking about here?" Hailey asked, getting out some paperwork.

" Around 11- 14" one with the raven hair spoke up.

" Okay, follow me..."

Noticing that they were already leaving the office, I tried to tip toe out of my hiding place and run back to the hall but was unfortunately seen by them. Great.

***

Liam POV

" Rosemarie, what are you doing here?" Miss Hailey asked a young girl who seemed a bit frightened as we call exited her office.

" Uhmm... I ....was...s...just...." She stuttered.

" Sweetie, are you okay?" Miss Hailey asked her, a bit concerned and all Rosemarie could do was nod shyly.

I studied her features and saw that she had a long, dirty blonde hair, her round face gave off an innocent look and I noticed that her eyes had a tint of blue in them. To sum it up, she was the definition of beautiful.

" I'll just go back to the hall" Rose said then, with her head down she walked back to the adoption hall which was were the other kids were.

" Sorry for that" Hailey chuckled.

" Who is she?" Harry asked with so much curiosity.

" Oh...that's Rosemarie, she's been here for about three years now" Hailey explained.

" Three years? Why's that?" Louis asked.

" Well...you see, she had a very rough time three years ago...cause, you know she lost her mom, who was her only family due to cancer and since then, it's so hard for her to even communicate with the rest of the children here "

" Wow, she's been through so much" Zayn commented.

" Yeah, we've tried to make her better through therapy but it seems to have not been working out " Hailey said.

" How old is she?" Niall asked.

" 14 years old " she replied.

" Can we see her for a bit?" I asked.

" Yeah sure, come on, let's move over to the adoption hall" she led us over to the hall where we were so much kids playing around.

My eyes scanned through the place, searching for the pretty girl and later saw her sitting in a corner all by her self.

" There she is" Harry pointed out then we all walked over to her and immediately, she put her head down , not wanting to look at us.

" Hello darling" Harry said to her, but she only whimpered a bit.

" Hey sweetie, look up please" Hailey said to her and slowly she raised her head up to look at us and in her eyes, all I could see was pain.

" H...hi"

A/n; I hope y'all enjoyed the first chapter. Just thinking if I should update again today. Should I? Thanks for reading loves. (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤