Possession

author's note:

keep both hands on the phone right now! I'm watching yew!

italics are either FLASHBACKS or DREAMS. i tried to make it clear which one they were.

Happy late night reading! Or whenever you're reading this... :)

--

Devilman, Devilman, Devilman.

You woke up, but you weren't at home. You were surrounded in a house full of darkness, was it even a house? Just a dark pit. You could see yourself, but that's about it. You heard two people arguing a distance away, but you couldn't see them, and didn't know what to do if you were able to get to them. 

"She's going to understand it all, eventually.", a familiar voice rang, and simultaneously a bright light shone to the left of you. The voice sounded like it belonged to Ryo. 

"Find out what? Who's out there?", you called out, but light beside you turned to fire. You stepped back and realized you were standing, no longer lying down. No answer, just a fire growing. You stepped back as it grew bigger, feeling as if it were going to chase you, you started to run. Another voice, a new one, not belonging to anything human, rang out amongst the fire.

"Why do you run? Am I not the answer you've been looking for?"

You felt as if you were running in slow motion, paralyzed with fear as you looked around into the darkness. Your feet grew weak and you fell, hitting the ground. You shut your eyes, waiting for the fire to engulf you, but it only grew, it didn't pursue you. For the first time, you looked back, and admit the flames was a tall, hunched, grotesque creature, with wings as big as the flames. His eyes were white, no pupils, and his Teeth were sharp and shark like, curved into a grin. You only looked at the creature with wide eyes, at a loss for words. The fire slowly started to die and the creature fell to their knees. 

"Akira!", you screamed, reaching out your hand.

--

As you jolted upright in your bed, you looked around. The lights that you'd decorated your room with surrounded you, but it was still nightfall outside. God, what time was it? You reached out for your phone. Diablo meowed relentlessly next to you, so you wondered if you'd screamed his  name in your sleep. You heart was beating quickly as your head readapted to your surroundings. You looked to your hand which was wrapped up in a bandage, as the latter of yesterday's events replayed in your mind, even through the day. It was obvious it was all affecting you. Slowly, you  stood up and walked to the bathroom, your head still in a daze.

"Where's that rat Akira? He didn't come to school today!", Miki huffed angrily, was Akira slipped out of the bathroom. You slipped off the counter and let the water drain, trying to hide off your burn mark, but Miki brushed past Akira and walked in, seeing your hand. She gasped.

"It's okay Miki, really. Akira cleaned it and had me soaking in ice cold water, it'll be fine."

"Are you sure? Maybe my dad can take you to a doctor's-"

"No!", you said sharply, immediately feeling regret after. "I mean, no. I don't really subscribe to the doctor if it isn't mandatory. I do what's needed and handle these things on my own. I have a witches' brew.", you said, trying to reassure her.