1

Miranda, I told you to wear a dress." Her cousin Crystal announced walking into her room.

"To a basketball game?" Miranda stated in disbelief rolling her eyes.

"Yes. We are not going just to go. We are going to find men. Preferably a ball player." She stated.

"I'm a single mother. I just got divorced and I'm finally back on my feet. I don't want to date nor am I looking to date."

"Mandy at least wear heels." Crystal pleaded.

"If you think. I’m wearing heels all night crystal you have lost your mind. I look fine."

Miranda rolled her eyes and looked her self over. She had on tight flitted jeans, a green and tan, woman’s jersey with a rattle snake on it for the team Saskatchewan Rattlers. Apparently, Crystal liked the players on this team. They were going to see the Canadian Elite Basketball League.

Crystal walked out of her closet handing her a tan pair of Lace Up Retro Stiletto Heels Sling Back Suede Knee-high Boots with a Sexy Peep Toe.

Miranda remembered buying them with Callie right after her divorce, but she never got a chance to wear them.

"I'm only wearing these so you can leave me alone." Miranda sneered.

"Fine by me." Crystal smiled walking out.

Crystal moved in with Miranda after her and Tucker got a divorce. She had just moved into her new house and she needed a place to stay, after getting a job in Seattle. Miranda wanted her cousin to have motivation and better a work ethic.

She was a medical assistant and always looking to marry a rich man, so she could quit.

Shaking her head Miranda grabbed her purse and keys walking down stairs.

Arriving at the game. Miranda rolled her eyes as she walked into the stands and Crystal sat beside her friends.

She didn't like any of those women and they would never be people she would want to hang around on a regular basis.

"Oh my God look how sexy Ben Warren is." One of Crystal’s friends Paris pointed at the man wearing jersey number 24.

"His birthday is next week and he is having a huge extravagant party." Jade informed the group.

"We need to figure out how to get in." Crystal added.

"Let's go to the after party." Paris chimed. “My girl got the hook up. “

Crystal looked over at Miranda. "Is it okay if I go? I know we were out together."

"It's fine. I'm going to go home and take a bath. I have work in the morning." Miranda told her. "And so do you."

"I'm not going to stay out to late." She promised.

Miranda watched the game and listened as people continuously talked about Ben Warren. She had never heard of him till today, but then again, she didn't do sports.  And definitely didn't keep up with the Canadian Elite Basketball League. They made a little bit less than the NBA.

After the game was over Miranda hugged her cousin and walked to her car. Driving she pulled up to the gas station getting out to pump when she saw a Rolls-Royce at the other side of the pump. She watched as the man touched around looking for the gas tank.

"Ben Warren Number 24 Saskatchewan Rattlers." Miranda said getting his attention, but was in disbelief she had just seen him playing on the court and never imagined seeing him in person.

Ben smiled and looked up as his name was called. He nodded at her.

"Miranda Bailey" she introduced herself quickly and confidently.