012 Unfortunately Kiddo

Katerina POV

"Ouch that hurt." I yell at Maze after she kicked me in my stomach.
I bend down and do a full 360 degree turn with my right leg stretched out, tripping her. She falls backwards, hard. I stand up and walk towards her. I put my knee against her right arm and my right hand over her left arm, pinning her down.

"It's the third round already. I still pinned you down." I says breathlessly.

"Yeah yeah." Maze rolls her eyes.

I get off her and help her up.

"It's good to know i can finally have a peace of mind that you can fight your way out of anything when I'm not around." She says breathlessly as she excepts defeat.

I hum and i chug down a bottle of water. Maze does the same. We sit in silence as we try to catch our breath.
A few minutes pass and Maze decides to break the silence.

"I have a work trip in a few days. I'll be gone for 2 days." Maze says as she turns to me.

"Aww cool. Can i come?" I ask, I've been dying to see what she does. I know she was a bartender but like......you don't think i actually believe that. I mean...... I'm sure she has her reasons not to tell me but like........a little curiosity didn't kill anyone......... besides the cat.

"Unfortunately kiddo, you have to stay here. It's not safe where I'm going and we need to stay below the radar for now. We cannot risk getting captured again. You will be safer if you stay here." Maze says as she places her hand on my cheek.

"Fine." I roll my eyes.

Sometimes i think she's paranoid. I know she does it to protect me but its been a few months now. They haven't found us. I mean.... we're on a different continent.

Shh and listen to Maze.

Wha-where the hell did you pop up from? Go back to sleep.

I'm in your head genius. I come when i want.

Screw you.

Bruh I'm in your head.

Like i care.

Ughhhhhhhhh

Shut it con-ass.

Again with the nickname.

Yes now disappear the hell away.

Fine.

Fine.

"Okay so we need to have some rules when I'm gone." Maze says.

I snap my eyes back at her. "What kind of rules."

"Well number 1- no roaming around especially at night."

"Not like i go anywhere anyways."

"Number 2- You will only leave once in the day. You will have 45 minutes to get back. If you don't show up in 45 minutes i will know."

"Do-able."

"Number 3- if anyone comes to the apartment that you do not know and says my name and tells u i sent them DON'T LET THEM IN." She raises her voice at the last part.

"Okay chill out." I put my hands up in surrender.

"One last thing." She says as she gets up. "I've packed a emergency bag for.....well u can get it from the name...."

"Yeah. I figured." She grabs my hand and walks me out of the training room. She leads me to a small cabinet built into the wall. I look at her in confusion.
She lets go of my hand and opens the cabinet revealing a black backpack.