Chapter 3

'And the first place Gold trophy goes to...' This was the moment all of us had been waiting for; they were announcing the winner of the DanceDanceDanceDance nationals. We had come in secind to the Royaltons for three years straight but they had just been announced second. 'The New Hope Dance Studio!' Everybody screamed at the top of their lungs as we were announced winners. A few years ago, at the very first county qualifiers, I never would've dreamed that these dancers could be as amazing as they are. And now we've come all this way, and beaten the Royaltons. We were all on cloud 9 and were definitely having a party that night to celebrate. 

I wore a rose gold mini dress with a silver locket that Nick gave me before I left for my most recent show. It was engraved with the words 'I want to love you for the rest of my life' and inside was a picture of me and Nick.

 It was engraved with the words 'I want to love you for the rest of my life' and inside was a picture of me and Nick

Nick's outfit:

Once we were both ready, we headed out to the party and had a great time

Once we were both ready, we headed out to the party and had a great time. None of the adults drank because we had a flight back home the next day at 8 am. The party lasted about 3 hours and finished at about 10pm. Me and Nick headed back to our hotel room, since we shared one together, and got ready for bed. We ended up staying up way to late talking and doing you know what, so when the next morning came we were both exhausted. 

I went to wake the girls up and Nick packed everyone's bags and got us mcdonalds breakfast to eat in the car. We left the hotel room at about 5:45 and arrived at the airport at 6:00. Miss Barb, her husband and June were already there; Miss Barb can't ever be late to anything. When we were on the plane, I sat next to Sarah and Nick sat next to Michelle. I could tell Sarah was exhausted so I got my blanket out, put it over her and tapped my shoulder, signalling for her to rest her head and sleep. She smiled at me and fell asleep right next to me.