Your New Dad ♥

Mike POV
Weeks later...
Y/N went to her room. I hope she's alright. I helped her for a while, and her parents want her back, but she refused to return to them. We have to go to court tomorrow. I offered to take her in as her legal father. She agreed That's what we are gonna fight for tomorrow.
Day at court...
At the court house y/n stayed close to me, and avoided eye contact with her parents. At the court I fought for her and stated why would she run away from home? What danger could she have been in? That apparently she was running from something. She was out in the cold, and I found her. Took her in, and Actually took care of her. Y/N cried in her seat. The jury would ask. And she told the whole story.
"Everyday....my dad abused me...my mom never cared. She always came home drunk. That time was different. I was in bed crying...they fought and argued with me. That I shouldn't have been born. I was useless...i-I went to my r-room and I-I heard my dad coming to the room. I readied myself for the b-beat-beating. He came in with-with a frying p-pan and he walked out. Going to the kitchen. I thought he wasnt going to hurt me today after all. But then i heard a knife...I grabbed my things and went out the window. And left. I ran aw-away and i came upon... Mike..." she smiled at me and looked down.
The jury's face was full of fear and worry.
"I have made my decision. You both are apparently terrible parents. Look at the way You're dressed and look at her. You both are wearing nice suits and pearls while this girl is wearing rags and ripped clothing!" She looked at Me and gave me an assuring looked. "Mike will be y/n new dad. Or should I say family." She grabbed the mallet and banged it.
"Case closed. And you both will be sent to jail for child abuse. For 20 years of prison. How does that sound?" And with that she left. Y/N jumped out of her seat and hugged me.
"Thank you...dad." my heart felt warm I knew I did the right thing. I now have a new daughter. My heart felt complete. She was a good person. I took her out for some food and went home. After that. We decided we would renovate her room, and she would come with me to work at the day shift. For now until she gets older. But right now I need to care for her. She is my new daughter.
Hey guys! I made a new chapter. Really short. I had ran out of ideas so Yeah. K. Bye guys!