Chapter 12

Luciano's POV
I felt like I was losing her all over again. I knew that she wasn't the same girl I used to know, but that didn't mean I cared for her any less.

I meant what I said. I would do anything for her. And if that meant killing Pescatore with my bare fucking hands, then that's what I'll do.

"You're not going to Sicily, Luci." Marcellius ordered.

After what happened with Valeria last night, I decided that I would fly back to my hometown and confront Pescatore myself. "And why not?" I questioned.

"He'll know she's here," Cesare cut in.

"If you care for her, then you'll leave her be," Niccolo added. "She clearly wants to deal with this on her own."

Marcellius spoke up again. "No, she's not going anywhere. I've made a promise to her, and I intend to keep it."

Niccolo rolled his eyes. "You and your damned promises." Marcellius shot him a look that made Niccolo stand up straighter.

"The Pescatore Mafia are nothing more than mosquitoes, Luci," Marcellius says. "We will crush them like the blood-sucking insects they are. But only when the time is right."

I hated that he was right. I wanted so badly to hop onto our private plane and take on Pescatore. I'd probably lose, die even. But at least I would have died knowing I'd done something.

"So what am I suppose to do until then?" Adrenaline was pumping in my veins. I wanted to hit something. And maybe even shoot something.

"Just be there for her, Luci." I was expecting the advice to come from Marcellius, or even Cesare. But it was Niccolo who had spoken up. I guess even he can change. "Stop being a little bitch and grow some balls."

Nevermind.

"She hasn't spoken to me all morning. How do I know she even wants me there?"

Cesare's the one to answer this time. "If she rejects you, then there's your answer." The womanizer shrugs as if it's just really that easy. "And if that doesn't work," he continues. "Then bend her fine ass over and fuck the shit out of her. She'll definitely speak to you then."

I rolled my eyes, failing to hide the blush that warms my face. "I'm not doing that," I mutter.

"He doesn't even know what a pussy looks like Cesare," Niccolo says with a laugh.

I flip them both off, before leaving the room. I knew they were joking, but it didn't make it any less annoying. They won't be talking shit anymore when I finally lose my virginity.

****

I walked out into the backyard where Valeria, Autumn, and Mia were all talking in the hot tub. They stopped talking when they spotted me approaching them.

"Val, can I speak to you for a moment please?"

She didn't say anything as she shared a glance with the girls, and climbed out of the hot tub. She followed me over to the side, away from my nosy sister-in laws. Crossing her arms over her chest, she looked up at me with expectancy.

I cleared my throat, swallowing the stutter trying to surface. "I just-"

She cuts me off by pressing her index finger to my lips. "No, I should be the one apologizing." I stared back at her, confusion etched onto my face. "There's clearly some things that have followed me from my past."

I knew she was talking about her husband and what I had said to her. I had been struggling for the past few days now, not sure if I wanted to tell her the truth.