| bhabra |

Author: TripuWrites

Title: Bhabra

Genre: New Adult

Rating: Mature

Cover:

Blurb:

Blurb:

Madhulika Thakur thought it would be a good break from work when she agreed to visit the countryside. After all, someone needed to sort out the property her family owned there, and real estate was her forte.

What she didn't expect was to be engulfed by a landslide of issues just waiting to be addressed. She must navigate her way through the mess of a fragile social fabric, complex caste equations and sheer helplessness of the people she never knew worked for her; all the while trying to regain the trust of a long-abandoned old friend.

For the first time in her life, she must choose between what she wants and what is right.

Review:

Well, if you guys are into unconventional stories, Bhabra is definitely the one for you. Set somewhere in the year 2006, this book hits nostalgia. Oh, please don't judge the book by its cover. It's not based on Rajasthan. Now you all must be wondering why I called it an unconventional book. Well, because the things mentioned inside this book is not unfamiliar to us. We must have heard about it somewhere. It is much more closer to the reality and maybe that's the reason why it is not something that many people would want to write as a story and probably that's why this story was recognised late. Writing a story of this kind gives you the perspective to view that very same issues in a different light.

 Writing a story of this kind gives you the perspective to view that very same issues in a different light

The author has her own style of writing and that's what will hook the reader at the first place. Her writing will leave you with deep and nostalgic feeling where you might have had those experiences, then it'll more likely exude a profound sense of realism and empathy – one that will resonate and connect with readers more powerfully.

I am a sucker for the not-goody-two-shoes character. You might even hate Madhulika in the initial chapters. She's the best example of a flawed character. But these flaws bring out the real side of her and the change she goes through this story is impeccable. I would only suggest you guys to keep reading as there are many shades under that character and by the time this story ends, it would leave you wanting for more. Let me tell you one more thing. This book is not sugar-coated. Everything written down there is a reality. Oh, if this book can't bring a change within yourselves, I can't say anything more.

A must-read for sure!