| dil jaanta hai |

Author: chaashnee

Title: Dil Jaanta Hai

Genre: Teen Fiction

Rating: For Everyone

Cover:

Blurb:

Blurb:

For the Delhi Tycoons' kids, life has always been too challenging, and it's no different for Arvika Deewan. It's not every day that her divorced mother remarries another businessman, and there definitely won't be a day that she would be ready to accept that. The only other option she has is to move in with her father who lives with her oh-so-perfect twin brother and somewhat understanding grandmother. But she knows that the heart needs to break to beat again, and so do Arnav Deewan's friends.

But she never had it easy, and probably never will. With an emerging sibling rivalry, and somewhat deceiving friends and family, Arvika Deewan, the bad, bad girl, is going to be reformed.

Review:

Arvika, the perfect example of a troubled teen in a divorced household. Now, if you're wondering that since she's a bad girl she must be doing gang stuff, not at all. Troubled in the sense of not being able to tell what's really going on within her. For not being able to express what she's feeling which ultimately leads to the frustration building up inside her and that could possibly result in taking up the wrong step. The character is neither black nor white. She's grey as she's neither the bitchy villain nor the saviour hero and this is what spices up the story as it has some interesting additions to the plot. Characters like these would keep the readers on their toes and keep the story unpredictable.

 Characters like these would keep the readers on their toes and keep the story unpredictable

No, this is not a teen love story. It's a coming of age fiction where you will find situations far beyond the high school politics. You will definitely connect more and you will know why. The humour and sarcasm quotient is top-notch. It will take you on a roller coaster ride and probably will make you remind of your teen days when you used to do the same things back at school. It's a well thought out book as we can notice the constant character development happening with each chapter; there's never a dull moment.

This book is followed by Dil Dhadakta Hai, which is the extended epilogue of Dil Jaanta Hai.