Neeyum Naanum

It was 4 a.m. Ashwin parked his car outside Sivaangi's house and called her phone. She didn't attend. He tried few times but still no answer. He didn't ring the door bell since he didn't want to disturb her parents who were sleeping. He stood in front of her main door making more calls hoping she will pick it up.

The door opened and Binni ma stood there half awake welcoming him, "ulla vaa paa.." He wondered if his future mother in law was awake at this time due to his girlfriend's phone ringtone or to send them off. He entered as he said, "Varen maa.. Sivaangi enga?" his eyes roamed the entire space hoping to find her.

"Ava inum enthirikala pa, enna alarm vachu elupa sonna, ipo enthirika maatra, neeye poyi elupi kutitu po, enala mudiyala.. nalaiki enaku kacheri iruku.. nee time ku vanthuruva nu theriyum, un car sound keatu than vanthu kadhava thoranthen.."

He wasn't surprised knowing Sivaangi's punctuality. Binni ma poured coffee for Ashwin at the dining table. He couldn't refuse but took the coffee cup from her and had a sip, appreciating her efforts to wake up and make coffee for him at that time. "Seri maa, ninga padunga, na paathukuren" he assured her. "Paathu poitu vanga pa, amma appa elarayum keatadha sollu.. anga ponathum video call pannunga" she entered her room downstairs.

He climbed upstairs and reached Sivaangi's room. He knocked on the door. No response. He twisted the door knob and knew it wasn't locked. He pushed the door slowly, "Sivaangi maa" and walked into the room. The room was dark but later slightly lit up by the light from the outer hall. He didnt want to turn on her room lights when he saw her sleeping like a baby.

He stood near the side of the bed where she slept and bent over to have a closer look. He loves watching her sleep. He's seen her sleeping few times on set. He makes sure he is in a watchable distance anywhere around her and steal glances at her while he was with her brothers. He watched her sleep in video calls but this is the first time he's seeing her sleeping in person, in her room. For once he was glad she wasn't punctual.

He took her phone and realised it was switched off "ivalaaa" he sighed as he connected the charger. He slowly tapped and moved her shoulder, "maa" trying to wake her up. She groaned and pulled him onto the bed. "Maa, time aachu ponum la" he said as he settled beside her. She crawled towards him and rested her head on the crook of his neck wrapping her hand around him "10 minutes Ashwineyy please?" she mumbled.

Her breath caused a vibration at his sensitive spot and made him breathless. Maybe the effect of the closeness, maybe the the weeks of missing her, maybe the aura of her room. He didnt know and he didnt want to know. He slowly turned towards her and held her closer caressing her hair. She tightened her hold and gripped his tshirt. He kissed her forehead and she kissed his shoulder. They stayed like that for a while; they missed each other so much. Then Ashwin realised it was getting late.

He slowly moved off her. She was annoyed "enga pore Ashwiney" she asked eyes still closed, holding his wrist when he got up. "Nee thoongu maa, na kelamburen.. ooruku poitu call pandren, mulichiruntha attend pannu" he pretended to leave. "Ashwiney" she whined, "iru naanum varen vitutu pogatha". She thought he is actually leaving so she quickly got off bed "Aswineyy, kulichutu varen, vitutu pona, kondruven" and went to shower.

"Dress aavathu eduthu vechiya ma?" he asked while he went into her room again. "Athelam nethey paniten" she shouted from inside the bath. He closed her room door and waited in the living area scrolling through his phone. She came out with her backpack. She was wearing a black trackpant, a plain pale pink tshirt and an uzipped hoodie. "Vidiya kaalaila yean ma thalai kulicha?" he noticed her semi wet hair. "Athelam pora valila kaanjirum Ashwiney" she brushed it off and walked past him to the stairs.

He took the bag from her and followed her downstairs. "Ellam eduthutale? Ethuvum marakalaiye?" she turned around swiftly as she forgot something, "shooo, en phone eh.. chargey podala, pochu" she facepalmed herself. She was running back to her room when he said "athelam nan vantha odaney potuten ma, poyi eduthutu vaa" he chuckled. "Aww, how sweet uh!" she unplugged her phone and went downstairs. "Ashwiney, 7 vaati call panniya?" she asked in guilt.