Yaakai Thiri

Presenting yall my go to comfort song whenever I feel low.. today I wached this song to lift my mood, and end up getting inspiration to write this scene!

If you watch this song once prior to read, you would feel it better.

I hope you'll like this one!🤸🏻

___________________________________________

PARIS

Sivaangi entered the crowd and greeted some familiar faces. The ambience, the scenery, the people and the music instantly lifted her mood that has been sour for the past week.

She has been unusually quiet ever since she bid bye to him in Madurai Airport. She regretted for not being able to kiss him for one last time, which she would definitely have done if only her best friend and his friends & family wasn't around.

No one understood what kind of bond they shared, not even them. Well, she couldn't tell how was it for him, but she definitely didnt know where they both stand in each other's lives.

She wasn't sure if one week of interaction (with some intimacy) was enough to determine a partner for life.

Thanks to everyone around them who kept giving unwanted or unnecessary opinions about their dynamics and rapport throughout her stay there.

She thought she would forget him once she return here and go back to her normal university life. She ended up missing him more. Even a simple gesture or dimple smile from a random stranger, reminded him. He was all over her mind.

She was being semi silent to all her friends including Tarunya, whom understood what she was going through. Tarunya thought Sivaangi needs some time to come to terms with the reality, but she still felt bad for her best friend whom otherwise used to be a chirpy and outgoing girl.

Which is why she forcibly sent Sivaangi to her most favourite party of the year. Blasting music, non-judgemental faces, carefree dance and some alcohol had healing powers on Sivaangi, she thought.

That's what exactly was happening. The bartender, one of Sivaangi's oldest friends, offered her preferred drink. She gulped few shots and slowly moved into the dancing crowd.

It was an open space, mid day pool party by the beach. Organised by the beach club on a high scale and it gets bigger every year. Sivaangi never missed any of it ever since she shifted to the city.

She was wearing a crop top and shorts. Her hair was let loose with a thin head band on her forehead. Few bracelets on one of her wrists and flats on her feet.

The crowd was huge, she was in the middle of dance floor but she was in her own world. She occassionally asked the disco jockey, whom was also her friend, to change tunes according to her moods.

She just moved with the tunes and danced her heart out with a cup drink in one hand. Few from the crowd joined her in between and followed her steps. She was smiling and laughing.

She remembered dancing with him in the village, with extra enthusiasm and happiness even without the alcohol.

Their stolen glances, stolen touches, stolen pecks, away from the eyes of all his family members during the events, occupied her mind.

She came to the party to escape from his thoughts. It just turned out to be a reality check when nothing, literally nothing in particular reminds him and brings back memories.

She wiped a drop of tear that escaped from her eye with one of her knuckles. She slowly moved around tapping her foot and moving her shoulders and knees.