Secret is Out pt. 2

This was asked for. Which I was perfectly fine with.

(Ben p.o.v.)

Erica was still sitting next to me in my room. I sat back down next to her. "It's ok" I said rubbing her back. 

Erica was now terrified about our secret out. She was scared soon our enemies will find out, we won't stop getting bugged, dropping the ice queen, worried other girls will like me cause as  Mike says "More people will want to date you if you aren't single"

Erica leaned into me. Crying, afraid of what will happen. 

"Erica Hale down to Cyrus Hale's office. Stat" The speakers said.

"There goes my grandfather who is going to kill me" Erica said standing up. I stood up with her. I rubbed her tears off her face with my thumb and planted a kiss on her forehead and took her hand.

"I'm coming with you" I said.

Erica looked up again. "Really" She asked. I nodded as I walked out with her. We raced each other to his room and I beat Erica. Through out the whole race people kept their eyes on us.

Erica came into Cyrus's room. Neither Erica or I broke a sweat. "How much did you beat me by" Erica smiled.

"3.456389 seconds" I quickly replied.

Erica laughed and smiled "Your still my dork" I laughed as we sat down to a unpleasant facial expression on Cyrus. Erica and I were on a couch. 

Cyrus stood up. "I said NO relationships" Cyrus roared.  He came charging at Erica. I pulled Erica closer to me and held her super tight. What he did next shocked both of us. He sat right next to Erica.

I still held tight onto her.

"I can't stop you guys from happiness but I can say be careful and I'm here to help" Cyrus said. We both nodded. Cyrus looked at me. "Don't hurt her. The secret is out so anyone could probably know, including enemies. So, both of you be careful. Ben watch out for my granddaughter. Please"

I nodded. Cyrus stood up. "Go get ready for your double date. I checked your texts"

———time skip———

Erica was sitting in the passenger seat with Mike and Zoe in the back as I drove. We decided on Red Robin's. 

Erica seemed to be stressed about just about everything. I felt bad for her. A lot. I slipped my hand in hers as she gripped tighter to it. The table was uncomfortably silent. 

"Um...so..what are people going to order" Mike asked.

"Um...water and steak" I said.

"I'll just share with Ben" Erica replied looking up at me.

"That is so sweet! You guys are truly adorable together" Zoe squealed excitedly. We were all quiet again. This was a bit strange for all of us.

"So, now that your secret is out, are you guys happy" Zoe asked. 

I looked down at Erica. Erica replied "Well, we knew it would get out sometime just not so soon or the way it did get out"

"Guys! You secretly dated for 6 months. How is that not long" Mike exclaimed. "How long were you guys hoping to keep the secret for"

"2 years" I said. 

Both, Mike and Zoe started laughing. I get their point but Erica was happy the way things were, so I didn't want to change a thing. 

I got a text from Erica saying she need air and felt a little bit uncomfortable. I nodded and she nodded back in a way saying she wanted me with her.

I stood up and grabbed my jacket. "Um...Erica and I will be back soon. If needed can you order us our food" I asked.

Mike nodded and Zoe waved. 

Erica and I got outside and she sat on a bench as I sat next to her. "Is everything alright" I asked

Erica shook her head. "No, I just can't keep my head all together. Everything seems to be happening so fast" Erica replied.

I pulled her closer to me and wrapped my arms around her as she laid her head in my chest. "It's all gonna be alright. We just need to try to slow life down" I whispered. Erica chuckled a tiny bit. 

I felt her body shaking in the cold. I took my jacket off and set it around her shoulders when she was looking up st me smiling. "I know I'll be alright as long as your here with me" Erica said.

"I'm glad, cause I feel the same way" I responded.

Erica stood up and put her arms in my jacket. It fit perfectly. Erica and I were the exact same height and weight. So, Erica perfectly fits in my clothes.

The only difference is I'm still growing. She stopped growing.

Erica clenched onto my hand and I missed her cheek. "Come on" I said. We walked back in and saw our food on the table.

"Your back" Zoe said.

Erica nodded while taking a piece of my steak cause we were sharing. 

"Guys why don't we act as we are all just hanging out, like we used to" Mike suggested. We all nodded.

"So, I'm flunking weaponry class" I said trying to start a conversation.

Mike and Zoe seemed a little shocked but Erica stopped eating and they all said "What!"

Here's the thing, they all taught me how to shoot, 1 on 1. Erica taught me how to shoot every gun. Zoe taught me a bow. Mike taught me throwing.

Erica stared into my eyes" Last time I checked you had an A+ in that" Erica asked.

"We all taught you everything we know so in retrospect you should be better then all of us" Mike said.

"Well, there was a test yesterday and I missed 1 time and the teacher dragged my grade down" I said hopelessly.

"Just for 1 wrong hit. Where did it hit" Zoe questioned. 

"Just 1 wrong hit right next to bullseye" I replied. 

Erica stood up again. "Come on Ben. We have to have a talk with your professor" Erica said. I sat Erica back down and held her in 1 of my arms so she wouldn't leave. Instead, she laid her head on my shoulder and kept on eating. I smiled to her.

"How are your other classes going" Mike asked.

I smiled down at Erica as I stroked her hair "Thanks to lovely Erica and her help I have an A+ in everything else and math A++" I responded.

"Thank you" Erica said.

"Your the best" I smiled again. Why do I keep on smiling.

"I know" Erica responded as we all started laughing.

The rest of the night was a blur cause it was awkward and boring.

We talked about our grades and Erica and I had the best grades. Mike and I got into a food fight. We got kicked out as I paid. 

When we got in the car I got lectured by Erica. 

Erica was not found of my behavior. 

When we got back to school Erica brought me to her dorm as we then laid down on her bed together. She wanted me to stay with her.

"That was awkward" I said.

"It was your fault" Erica laughed.

I kissed Erica goodnight. "Goodnight love" I whispered. 

Erica tightened her grip around me and I pulled her closer to me. "Goodnight Ben" Erica replied.

I started drifting off to sleep. Then I heard a sentence from Erica before I finally fell asleep.

"Ben, never take me on a double date again. I like having dates be just me and you"