starry night ; choi soobin

┏━━━━°⌜ 연애 ⌟°━━━━┓

they didnt know each other but they clicked with an awful memory.

┗━━━━°⌜ 연애 ⌟°━━━━┛

it was a beautiful night. the stars were shining brightly and the moon's light was softly covering the streets.

though the time was one in the morning, there were still minds that were fully awake.

one of which was soobin's.

the boy went out and sat at his front patio. he came out, hoping the cool breeze would ease his mind. his mind began to wander off.

he was stressed, ofcourse. i mean, who wouldn't be if you're about to start college. but a certain highschool memory kept popping up.

unknowingly, he started to sing a song that was awfully similar to his memory.

"summer after highschool, when we first met

we'd make out in your mustang to radiohead

and on my eighteenth birthday, we got matching tattoos."

soobin sniffed. he didn't even notice he was crying. yet, he kept going.

"we used to steal your parents' liquor and climb to the roof

talk about our future like we had a clue

never planned that one day, i'd be losing you."

he was ugly sobbing at this point. the pain of the first heartbreak would always be there. and unfortuantely for him, he broke his heart really bad.

he couldn't sleep like this. no, he had to finish what he started.

but before he could continue the song, he heard another voice singing it.

"in another life, i would be your girl

we'd keep all our promises, be us against the world"

it sounded like a girl.

a broken girl.

soobin stood up and went near the fence separating his house and his neighbor's. he peeked and saw a girl, crying and broken like him.

"hey.." soobin initiated. the girl looked up and immediately wiped her tears.

"sorry, was i too loud?" she apologized, standing up to go near him.

"it's fine, i feel like we both needed it." soobin answered.

the two fell into a confortable silence for a while. they gazed at the bright stars while sitting comfortably in each other's presence.

"so," soobin started "you got your heart broken too?"

"yup. i'm not really the best at the love department" she stated.

"neither am i. what's your name?" the boy asked.

"y/n. huh y/n. you?"

"choi soobin."

the girl, named 'y/n', nodded her head and continued gazing at the night sky.

that night, two souls found each other and healed in each other's presence.

⁀➷

if you got the mlb reference, i love you T_T