baking ; choi soobin

━━━━°⌜ 연애 ⌟°━━━━

where y/n tries to bake soobin a birthday gift (not so) quietly at 2 am.

━━━━°⌜ 연애 ⌟°━━━━

soobin was sleeping comfortably on his bed when he suddenly heard loud sounds. sleepily, he opened his eyes. the room was dark, the only source of light being a lamp. reaching for his phone, he checked the time.

2:33 am, 12.05.21.

the boy rubbed his eyes tiredly. roaming his hands to the space beside him, he felt nothing. his cuddle buddy (and girlfriend!) was nowhere to be found in the room.

confused, soobin took off the blanket keeping him warm and got out of bed. he dragged his feet along the floor as he made his way out of the room. the space was dark, as it should in the early morning. however, he noticed light coming from the front corner of the apartment.

'the kitchen? what's happening there?'

soobin walked towards the kitchen, careful to make minimal noise. peeking his head over the wall, he saw y/n, covered in flour, standing in the middle of the room.

"aish! how do you make this again?" the girl whispered urgently.

she looked at the recipe book then back at her concoction. confused, she scratched he head.

"why is the dough so runny??" she asked herself.

soobin couldn't help but chuckle at the girl's antics.

 "what are you doing darling? it's 2 in the morning.." he finally voiced out.

the girl turned her whole body towards the sound. she widened her eyes in surprise.

"s-soobin! what are you doing here?" y/n stammered, moving her body to cover whatever she was doing.

the boy walked closer to y/n. peeking his head over her shoulder, he stifled a laugh.

"maybe try checking if what you were really using was flour.." he said.

the girl looked at him, confused.

"the dough, i mean. maybe you weren't using the right ingredients.." he added.

following what the boy said, y/n went back to the counter. she checked the name label on the jar.

'powdered sugar'

"oh.." that was all she could let out. i mean, what did you expect? she just embarrassed herself in front of her baker boyfriend.

seeing as the girl refrained to look back at him, soobin walked closer to her and hugged her from behind.

"why were you even baking at 2 am? and without me? hmm?" he asked as he rested his chin on her shoulder.

"i just wanted to bake you something for your birthday..." y/n said softly, playing with her fingers to distract herself.

soobin tightened his embrace on y/n, heart fluttering at what the girl said.

"you're so sweet darling, you didn't have too.." soobin said.

the girl was silent, head tilted down. soobin noticed this and turned the girl around the face him.

"hey, look at me.." he said, caressing her face gently. she obliged and look soobin in the eye. "you don't have to feel embarrassed. i appreciate what you tried to do for me, okay? there's no reason to be upset.."

the girl said nothing and just buried her face in his chest.

"i'm sorry.." she muttered.

soobin patted her head softly.

"there's no reason to be sorry. how about this.." the boy  responded, leaving the hug and crouching down to face her directly "how about we stay in the apartment tomorrow and bake a cake together for my birthday? that's my only wish.."

the girl nodded at his request. having courage to look him in the eye, y/n softly smiled.

"happy birthday soob.." she said to him, kissing the boy on the cheek.

surprised at her sudden move, soobin smiled cheekily. he lifted her off the ground, earning a yelp from her.

"now, let's go to sleep so that we have energy for tomorrow! don't leave the bed this time!" he said as he made their way to their bedroom, leaving the mess in the kitchen to clean tomorrow.

- e n d -

⁀➷

happy birthday to the best, cutest, most caring leader in the world, soobin! i hope had a wonderful day today and that all of his wishes come true! ily <333