Chapter Eight

The witch was able to straddle Victoria, pinning both of her hands beneath her. “Oh you little—“

“Silentium!” With a spell, Victoria’s voice cut off which only made her struggle harder. “Concesso.” The last spell froze Victoria in her place, allowing Sabrina to stand. When she turned she found that Alain held Addison with her arms twisted at an awkward angle behind her back. The Elder looked livid as she spoke the same spells Sabrina had used on Victoria. Sabrina’s heart pounded in her chest as she struggled up off of Victoria to rush to Willow’s side.

 “Holy crap, Willow? Will, look at me! Are you okay?” The words tumbled out of her mouth as she yanked the dart from Willow’s chest. The Elder grabbed Sabrina’s hand, squeezing it gently. “I’m alright, Sabrina. I’m alright.” She rose up slowly, eyeing the huntress and the familiar.

“So I suppose we should get them to explain?”

Sabrina glared at Victoria, not trusting herself to look at Addison. “Please tell me that involves torture.” Her voice was hard.

 Alain, who was standing between Addison and Victoria, nodded in agreement. “I second that notion.”

 “No, not yet. Give the familiar her voice, Alain.” Willow’s voice was pained as she spoke, leaning into Sabrina’s side. Alain glared at her for a second before doing as she was asked. Addison said nothing, but Sabrina could feel the familiar’s eyes on her.

“So, what exactly do you have to do with this, girl?” Alain growled out the question as she moved to stand in front of Addison.

“I won’t speak to you. I will only speak to her.” At the words, Sabrina ground her teeth together. She finally looked at Addison, ignoring the flare of emotions as she did.

 “You betrayed me.” She’d meant to sound harsh, but the words just sounded pained to even her ears. Addison’s eyes softened at her words, “Oh, no. Sabrina, I never betrayed you. It was you that I was trying to help.”

 “Oh you were trying to help me by killing off members of my family?”

 “That doesn’t have anything to do with you, Sabrina.”

 “Like hell. This has everything to do with me. This coven is my family, and you’ve helped these hunters kill them.”

 “How many of my kind has Alain killed?”

“This is different and you know it, Addison.” Sabrina spat the name in disgust, her eyes shooting daggers at the familiar.

“Really, Sabrina? Is it? Because from what I have seen, Alain takes pleasure in the murder of people she deems unworthy.”

 Alain grabbed Addison’s chin in an iron grip, bending down close to the familiar’s face. “Well you’ve most definitely proven yourself to be unworthy.”

 “No, I have proven myself to be a leader. My people will no longer be treated like dogs by yours.”

“You’re stupid. You’re so, so stupid.” Sabrina’s hadn’t expected to speak, but she could not contain the words in her mind. Patting Willow’s hand gently, Sabrina stood to walk over to Alain and Addison.

“You allowed this huntress to help you kill us?”

 At the question Addison looked a bit confused, “We would not have the strength or weaponry needed if we were to do it on our own.”

“I thought you would know better than that, Addison. She’s a hunter. A hunter. Do you really think, for a second, that she would spare your kind but destroy mine? You are just as much of a monster as I am to her.”

Addison shook her head quickly, eyes narrowing at Sabrina. “No. No, Victoria and I have a deal.”

 “And you trust her?”

 The familiar cast a questioning glance at her ally before replying, “I—yes, I do.”

 “You’re dumb. Do you not remember that she murdered Aura?”

 "That girl betrayed her kind by telling you what she did.”

“No, you betrayed her by allowing a completely innocent girl, a girl who looked up to you, to be brutally murdered. At least Alain has never done that.” Sabrina turned to Victoria, who was sitting silently glaring at those around her. She walked toward the huntress, sending her a glare of her own.

“So you wanna tell me why you’re really here? You gave Addison some crap story about helping her, but I think we all know that’s a lie. What’s your plan, Victoria?” With a flick of her wrist Sabrina removed the spell keeping the hunter silent.

“My plan’s pretty simple, actually. Take a little listen and I’m sure you’ll catch up.”

 With her eyes narrowed, Sabrina listened. All she could hear were Willow’s labored breathing, and the sounds of movement from the rest of the women in the room. There was nothing else…

 Until in a split second there was.

 Screams exploded from the halls, and a large commotion could be heard outside the door. As the screams grew in number, Sabrina turned wide eyes to the door.

 “What the hell did you do?”