𝟏

KALYNN WITHERS always found the Sorting Ceremony to be a bore. This was the fourth one she had witnessed since her own, she knew everything which went down. First years would be sorted, Dumbledore would give a long and rather pretentious speech and finally the food would appear in front of her.

"Most were Gryffindors" Lalaine Kelly whispered to a zoned out Kalynn. They had sort of realised a pattern, the majority of students would be Gryffindor, then Slytherin, then Hufflepuff and finally Ravenclaw. But still, the number between students being sorted in total compared to the new amount of first years in Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw was large.

"Huh? Oh were they?" Kalynn didn't care all that much, she was just glad to see some new faces appear towards the end of the Hufflepuff table.

"It's bull, why does no one want to be Hufflepuff?" Lalaine sighed, sure there was pride behind each house and their new members but it would've been nice to see more go to the yellow and blue houses.

"Because the stereotype of just being kind? I dont know, all I care about is just seeing some food in front of me" now Kalynn wasn't in anyway the biggest lover of food in the room, but she could easily tell it was better than anything cooked in her house.

"Fair enough, Dumbledore seems to be nearing the end of his speech so I wouldn't worry too much" Lalaine was in the same position, food at home was good but never comparable to the wonders of the food at Hogwarts.

Looking up at the table seating all the Professors, Kalynn didn't notice any notable changes. Just the seat of the Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher was yet again, seating a new person. It wasn't a shock to Kalynn Withers anymore, it was routine now to see a different face every time.

The fond smile of Professor Sprout soon met Kalynn's bored expression. It didn't take much for Kalynn to soon be smiling also, her Head of House was one of the sweetest people she had ever been blessed of being in the presence of.

Then her eyes drifted to Professor Mcgonagall, she was looking at Dumbledore with full concentration. Now it was no shock they were close friends, Kalynn honestly wanted a friendship like that in her future.

Professor Flitwick just always had the most sweet energy exuding from him. No matter what he would always have a smile on his face, Kalynn liked that about him.

Professor Slughorn was the head of Slytherin, but with his energy he could easily be mistaken for a Hufflepuff (if we're going by stereotypes that is). He was just always cheerful, helpful and hardworking.

What felt like forever had passed, and without noticing the flick of Professor Dumbledore's wand, Kalynn probably wouldn't have noticed the plates and food all appearing in front of her.

"Well Lalaine, if I say so myself, it is absolutely amazing to be back home"

"GO TO bed Kalynn" Lalaine complained, Kalynn had been mumbling lyrics to a muggle song all the way too Hogwarts, she wasn't going to be stopping anytime soon it seemed

"It's 8pm" Kalynn said, almost coming out as a question though. She was confused, Lalaine was 100% a night owl, even as a First Year she would go to bed later.

"So? I'm starting the year off in a new way, by that I mean fixing my fucked sleep schedule" Lalaine rolled over in her bed, going to switch the light off.

"Uhh, sure? I'll see how long that lasts. I'm gonna head down to the library, just see if anything has changed" Kalynn said as she stood up, walking towards the door before saying "G'night Lainey, I'll speak to you in the morning" and walking out.

It was still rather surreal, the magic of Hogwarts. You could see it in the First Year's eyes, it was truly a place built up from pure bliss. No matter what, there was always something which could enchant you with its beauty, Kalynn loved that.

Walking out of the Common Room, she started humming her song again. It brought her peace, even if her parents were both magical they loved muggle things. Just humming the simple melody reminded her of back home, it was nice.

The stairs to the library used to take a lot of energy out of the girl, just because of the distance. But now it felt normal, maybe because Kalynn loved her time in the corner just reading a book. Whether it was Romeo and Juliet or Pride and Prejudice, Kalynn loved the small muggle area in the library.

Walking in, it was seemingly empty. Madam Pince had left a note on her desk saying she would be back later, which left Kalynn with the bookshelves and herself. Unlike other people, she actually could have a conversation with the woman, she was pleasant when you got to know her.

Still humming the tune, Kalynn Withers reached the Shakespeare novels and scripts. They were all neatly placed in rows, honestly the girl loved it.

Grabbing Romeo and Juliet, it seemed all to cliche. But Kalynn loved it, the tragic love story was something she would always come back to.

The progression of all the characters, the sweet and short love which the title characters shared. How every character was in the wrong in their own way?

Shakespeare knew how to truly write a tragedy.

The tune was still being hummed by Kalynn, as if it was all etched into her brain. That would annoy Lalaine when she got back into her dorm, the constant repetition. But she didn't mind, she was alone and no one was there to hear her repeating the same parts over and over.

"Here Comes the Sun? And Romeo and Juliet?
Never thought I'd see the day where someone had the same interests as me"

"Here Comes the Sun? And Romeo and Juliet?Never thought I'd see the day where someone had the same interests as me"

oooo remus lupin my love
now read on, i'll be back :)