Chapter 1

(A/N: I thought I would explain how this works first. I wrote the entire thing, but it is heavily based off of what AI Dungeon gave me. Basically AI Dungeon decides the plot of this entire thing, although I added some things like the butterflies and the heirloom

Anyway you guys are in for a wild ride. Also this is my first fic so don't expect it to be that good)

Mii walked towards absolutely nothing. They had been doing this for the past 3 hours.

Step by step, they were always coming one step closer towards wherever the road took them. Too bad there wasn't an actual road so they would actually know where the heck they're going. How and why they ended up doing this, they didn't know.

Eventually, they came across a group of pink butterflies. The butterflies were flying around in circles, making weird little buzzing noises.

"What's going on?" Mii said out loud to absolutely nobody. "Are they mating? Are they fighting?"

Suddenly, the butterflies stopped their buzzing and looked at them.

Thinking it was probably nothing important, Mii kept walking. But the butterflies kept circling around them. And now there was a pair of eyes for some reason. And now the eyes were quickly floating towards them. Great!

The eyes attached to one of the butterflies. It was pretty scary. But that didn't matter because they disappeared almost immediately.

One of the butterflies turned hostile all of the sudden. It dived into Mii's face, piercing their eyeball with its beak.

The butterflies were still circling around them, but more aggressively now.

In their panic, Mii punched one of the butterflies. They felt the beak getting ripped out of their eye, and saw all of the butterflies flying away.

Somehow, they could still see just fine. They had not suffered any injuries. They were safe.

They looked around. No sight of the butterflies anywhere. However, they did see a village not too far away. Finally, somewhere to rest!

As they walked closer, they saw that there were many people living in the village. Looked pretty peaceful. The huts were all made of wood and cube-shaped, with roofs decorated with colorful patterns.

Once in the village, Mii realized that there were a lot more people than they thought. In fact, it seemed that there were more people here than any place they had seen before. They all seemed content and happy.

"Hello," Mii said, feeling that they should make their presence known. Some of the villagers looked at them. One of them, a little girl, walked up to them.

"Hello," the girl greeted. "I am Aiya, one of the villagers here."

Aiya was very nice. She looked much younger than Mii, but m a y b e  s h e ' s  j u s t  y o u n g.

"Hello," they said once again, not sure what else to say.

"Where are you from?" Aiya asked.

"Nowhere special," Mii answered.

"Nowhere special? That's funny. What is your name?"

"I am Mii."

"Nice to meet you. I am Aiya," she said as if she didn't say that ten seconds ago.

"W-Why do you want to go to the volcano?" Aiya asked, somehow reading their mind. "Isn't it dangerous?"

As soon as she brought up the volcano, Mii remembered their reason for coming here.

"Because the guy that lives there is evil!"

Aiya's eyes widened in shock as she took a step back. "Really?"

Mii nodded.

"...Well, I'm glad you're here. We need people to help protect our village from him."

Aiya handed them a map. "Here's the map. Do you know where to go? I'll be more than happy to give you directions."

"I'll be fine," Mii replied. They took a quick look at the map. It was surprisingly detailed. Somewhere near the right edge was the volcano they were headed towards.

"Aight, seeya," they said, turning towards the exit of the village.

"Good luck," Aiya said.

Just as they were about to leave, an old lady walked up to them. She seemed curious about what they were doing with the map.

"Oh," she said, as if just realizing something. "You are looking for the volcano, right?"

"That's right," Mii confirmed.

The old lady smiled. "Don't worry. That is the easiest place to find in all of Miitopia. Take a look at this."

She pointed to what looked like another village on the map. "That is Azakha. Just follow the red line and you should end up there. It is a good place to rest. Oh, and I want you to have this."

The old lady handed Mii a charm. "It's a family heirloom for good luck."

"Thank you," Mii said as she began to walk away.

Mii took one last look at the village before leaving for Azakha.