-SIXTEEN-

Hi, sorry I haven't posted. I'm going to post what I have written so far, but that means you might have to wait longer for the next update. Again, so sorry!

As soon as the words left her mouth, Sophie regretted them.

She wasn't entirely sure how she felt about Keefe until that moment. Sure, they'd said they'd change things between them, but they never really did. She still came to Keefe whenever she needed someone to talk to, someone to listen, but nothing really happened.

Sophie scooted a few inches away, her face nuclear.

Keefe just sat there, in shock. He didn't move except for his eyes, following her.

They sat in uncomfortable silence for what seemed like an eternity, but Sophie knew it was only one hundred and thirty-eight seconds. Two minutes and twelve seconds.

Finally, it was broken when Sophie doubled over in pain, coughing.
Instantly, he was at her kneeling side, hand on her shoulder.

Sophie took a deep breath. "I'm okay. Really."

"You don't look okay," Keefe said, clearing his throat.

Sophie leaned back against the wall, stomach burning with pain, head pounding.

"Am I ever okay?" Sophie whispered, staring up at the white brick ceiling.

"No, I guess not. But neither am I."

Sophie glanced over at Keefe. He was staring at some point in the horizon, seemingly deep in thought.

"Do you think the others are okay?"

Keefe shrugged. "Everyone was mostly in shock, I think. I pretty much just avoided everyone."

Sophie closed her eyes.

If they got to Keefe, they might have figured out where the others were hiding. They could be hurt, dead, even.

The headache slowly grew until it was all Sophie could think about, and her hands flew to her temples. Her breaths quicken, stomach lurching.

It took her a second to realize that Keefe was doing the same thing.

Gritting her teeth, Sophie reached for Keefe, but he fell over, unconscious.

A moment later, a final sea of pain pierced through her skull, and she fell on top of Keefe.