chapter 1

On the first day of high school, I could not be any more excited I'm finally a freshman and I'm able to see my friends even though we have seen each other almost everyday summer at the beach or the mall and having sleepovers. All of a sudden I hear my mom calling me.

"Mayte hurry you are going to be late for your first day of school," mom said.

"Ok I'm coming down," I said.

I grab last the last thing I need and rush downstairs I grab a banana and left out the door.

The school is about ten minutes walking from my house so it not too bad. Once I got to school I went to my locker and but my thing always. I was looking around to see if any of my friends were at school yet but I don't see them any were. As I was looking around I see the boy I hate the most in the world, Erick. He was that typical popular boy in every high school movie, the jock and the one that friends with everyone.

Me and him this mutual of not like each other since middle school for the life of me I don't know how it starts. He was the new kid that everyone want to be friends with. Since our school barely got a new kid Erick has become popular. Then I heard the bell ring then I close my locker and start to head to my first class of the day. 

Out now I feel someone's arm around me and it is my best friend Alyssa. We have been best friends since elementary.

"Hey, bestie can you believe that we are in high school,"  Alyssa said on our way to class.

"no it's so unreal," I told her.

" so I heard for history we have assigned partner for this end of the year project. I hope we are together because it would be horrible with someone else"

"I know I would die if I was not your partner because from what I heard in the class there are a lot of the popular kids"

"Mayte you the only one out of the group that doesn't like any of the popular kids"

"I know but after the innocent things are not the same," I told her " And it stuck that Ava and Emma are still on their Europe trip"

"It's crazy that they are out there they so lucky, but let's hurry before all the good seats are taken"

I and Alyssa rush to class so we were able to sit next to each in the back. I soon got to my seat in my first class I saw him he was sitting next to me. I turn to look at Alyssa to make sure she knows what happens because there so much going through my head.