𝟎𝟓 - patient file: FLORES, LUNA

"I had a fever / Until I met you / Now you make me cool

"I had a fever / Until I met you / Now you make me cool."

Me & My Dog, boygenius

___

        LUNA FLORES DIDN'T like eating lunch in loud places, and so to solve this problem, she sat in between the shelves in Beacon Hills High School's library.

She had her knees tucked up slightly, or as much as she could in her flared jeans seeing as the chicken and mozzarella panini, French fries, chocolate pudding, and tangerine she just consumed were threatening to make the button of her jeans pop. Her nervousness had gotten the better of her and she stress-ate as much as she could before finding solace in a place that didn't contain that many people. Her second best bet was the music room, but some guy had been practicing his trumpet solo and for the sake of her sanity, she got up and left.

    Placing her laptop onto her knees, she pulled up saved articles. All bookmarked, most including her name, some not. A lot were online, Reddit threads talking about her like some conspiracy, true crime junkies dissecting everything about what had happened in Arizona only to mark it as unsolved, or unsure, or guilty and got away with it. Fifteen Year Old Murder Suspect Says "Werewolf Did It," by Jessica Rappaport. Small Town Star Football Player Beckett Hathaway Murdered by Eric Mankton. Luna Flores Trial: The Werewolf Case by The Arizona Daily Star. Luna Flores Verdict: Not Guilty. 

      Those were the few that traveled around, the case not gaining much traction, other than some internet sleuths on threads who happened to be local, or those who unfortunately stumbled upon it. You had to know what to search for, what combination of words plus her name ended in the desired result. There were hundreds of Luna Floreses in the United States, and if you only searched the name, you wouldn't know that one was much different than the other. Not unless you were a cop.

Either way, despite it not exactly spreading through the country, it was enough to ruin any life she had back then. During that time, she had been bombarded with messages, questions asking her why she did, how she did it, if she did it. People claiming that she could tell them the truth and they wouldn't dare tell a soul. Others were from her school, sending death threats or calling her an attention whore.

    It didn't take long for her to delete all trace of herself from social media. One year and it still felt like only a couple days had passed since then.

    Her fingers clacked against her keyboard. Wolf attacks in California. Are there wolves in California? Beacon Hills, California crime. Beacon Hills attacks.

   "Hey, whatcha looking at?"

    Startled, Luna slammed her laptop closed. She locked eyes with him, on the receiving end of a very expectant look. Deadpan, she blinked. "Porn."