Chapter 4

Alabaster's pov:

It has been about 11 maybe 12 years since my mom brought Doctor Claymore back in the form of the mist image I made. We had spent a few years running from monsters as I taught Claymore the Greek myths that I knew as well as the rules to magic. Lamia continued to attack me but after a year and a half she actually died and was sent back to Tartarus.

We are currently in sunny Florida hiding out in a hotel near the universal amusement park.

"Hey Alabaster. I just thought of something." Claymore said. I turned from the window and looked at him with an expression that said what.

"If Lamia could create a spell that gave monsters a way to track us, can't we create one to track them? Or at least get rid of the smell?" Claymore asked. I sighed.

"I have thought of trying that but it's not that easy. It requires not only very specific items but also requires a lot of energy. It is close to impossible to supply the energy required to cast it." I said. There was silence as Claymore took a sip of coffee before he spoke again.

"Well... What about a substitute? There has to be a item or thing that we can use to either take away the energy or make it use less." Claymore said.

I thought about it for a while before coming up with several items, each harder to get then the last. I kept thinking until I came across one that would work and shouldn't be to difficult to get.

"Actually there is." I said as I walked over to the night stand and took out a old book that Lamia tried to destroy on multiple occasions.

I flipped through it before I found the spell that would help the most. 'Musk of a monster.'

"With this spell I could get rid of my demigod smell and acquire one of a monster. All I need is a spoil from what ever monster I want to smell like." I said as I looked at the spell carefully.

"If there was a spell like this why didn't you use it earlier?" Claymore asked.

"Because it has... Draw backs." I said.

"What kind of drawbacks?" Claymore asked with a careful tone.

"The first would have to be the amount of energy required. It would require that of a god in order to supply it. Then you have the monster that you have to kill and obtain a spoil of war from it. Lastly the spell is kind of unpredictable. The spell is very fragile and can easily backfire or turn out wrong. Most of the time the person dies instantly, and I know that no one has ever successfully cast this spell." I said as I read every single ingredient needed for it to work.

"So everyone who has tried to cast the spell has died? That seems like a great reason to not do it." Claymore said. I turned around to face Claymore as he took another sip of his coffee.

"I never said that they all died. I said that most of the time the person dies instantly." I said. Claymore looked up from the newspaper he was reading and looked at me.

"So then someone has successfully cast the spell?" Claymore asked.

"No. No one has. For those who actually lived from the spell they have become demons. They end up attaining physical and sometimes mental characteristics and abilities of monsters that they were trying to copy, or from the energy source. The last one tried to do it in the sea of monsters. She wanted to have a hell hound scent seen as how most monsters leave them alone. She couldn't sustain the energy required so she used the sirens as the energy source. It went wrong and she turned into a demon. Supposedly she is pitch black and has a sirens scream for a voice." I said remembering the story that mom told me.