Part 4: Black and White (1)

It was a black and white party. My dress was perfect.  It sat on my body as if it had been made just for me. Its satin folds hugged my figure following my curves and the deep blue was gorgeous against my ivory skin. The halter neck was embroiled with miniature dark flowers and finished, as along all the visible seams, with jet black lace to match my stilettos, and its light skirt flowed out above my knees showing of my toned legs.

My black hair hung perfectly, its choppy layers framed my face and to finish it off in style, I added a deep blue satin bow the same shade as my eye shadow, and same style as her ribbon necklace which held a beautiful black glass flower. I looked stunning.

But him I could not describe him perfectly. I was speechless. He wasn’t a male model but he could have passed for one. The lush, mother lode-gold hair he groomed so carefully had a rippling quality, a sign of his rude health. His only blemish was that he was beetle-browed and they sometimes knitted in frustration.

The aquiline nose he sported complemented his prominent cheekbones. Handsome in an understated way, his basalt jaw and Spartan shoulders spoke of strength. He possessed a latent, leonine power and I could see that by the way he walked towards me, he always walked with purpose and authority.

People had always remarked that his best feature was his entrancing, wayfarer-blue eyes. Sloe shaped, they could shine as bright as the evening stars when they were a-light with joy. At other times, they could resemble two liquid-blue pools of flashing fire. Flamboyant of character, the room always filled with his sonorous, rumbling voice.

He was also quick to crack a joke or fire off a humorous retort. His rakish clothes were a source of amusement to some, not least because they emanated an herbal smell. He was amazing. We had an amazing time dancing the salsa and waltz together.

He gave me his undiverted attention that made me wonder why he was not married if he had such amazing qualities. Little did I know that I was about to find out why.