Life-Long Mission-Steve McGarrett

I let out a big yawn, adjusting my eyes to the bright light coming through the window

I let out a big yawn, adjusting my eyes to the bright light coming through the window. I hear pans banging against each other and plates hitting the bench, I look next to me and Steve wasn't in bed. I groan, slipping on my slippers, grabbing my robe off of the door handle.

I dawdle towards the kitchen, following the smell of bacon and there he was; standing over the stove with no shirt on. His pajama shorts, hanging loosely around his hips, exposing his waistline.

He burns his finger and starts cursing making me giggle. "Hey, who's this beautiful woman in my house?" He playfully asks, coming over and giving me a peck on the lips.

"Good morning, beautiful." I smile and kiss him back. "Morning, sailor. When did you get up?" I ask, walking over to the plate of pancakes about to take a bite.

"Nope. Patience young lady." He says, pushing me towards the dinner table and pulling out the chair for me. Seconds later he puts a plate of pancakes and bacon in front of me and a plate for him as well.

"Wow, baby this looks delicious. You're not just a pretty face after all." I joke and he rolls his eyes. "You not working today?" I ask, sipping my coffee that he also made. "I am. I just wanted to make my gorgeous girl breakfast before I go." He says, making me blush.

"What's the occasion?" I ask, raising a brow. "No occasion, I just had time this morning after my run so why not?" He says. I lean over towards him and peck his lips. "Thank you, baby. I appreciate it." I say and he smiles.

Our door flies open and Steve's other half walks in. "Please, come in." Steve says, sarcastically making me laugh. "What? Where was my invitation?" Danny asks, walking over to the counter and pours himself a cup of coffee.

"Sorry, Danny. I must've forgotten to send it." Steve shoots back at him and they start going at each other for a good 5 minutes. "Okay, I gotta get ready for work." I say but they were too busy arguing to even notice that I was gone.

Minutes later Steve walks into the room to say he was leaving. "Hey, I have to get going we got a case but be ready around 6. It's date night tonight." He says, walking over, wrapping his arms around me.

"Is that right? Where are we going?" I ask.  "Steve, this case is not gonna solve itself! Let's go." Danny yells from the kitchen and Steve groans, resting his head on mine. "Someday...I will shoot him." Steve mumbles.

I give him a soft kiss on the lips and ushered him and Danny out the door. Those two are something else.

~~~~~*****~~~~~

Steve leads me through a door, trying not to trip as he'd blindfolded me and we finally came to a stop

Steve leads me through a door, trying not to trip as he'd blindfolded me and we finally came to a stop. "Alright, here we are baby." He slowly removes the blindfold and I gasped, taking in the beautiful room.

There were lit up candles all over the main area of the restaurant with one table set for two in the middle. Rose petals were scattered on the table with a bottle of expensive champagne in an ice bucket. It was like something out of a movie. It was beautiful.

"It's not complete yet but I just wanted you and I to be the first to dine here." Steve says behind me with his hands holding on to my shoulders. "This is so sweet, baby. You've outdone yourself again." I turn around, wrapping my arms around his neck.

He gives me a quick kiss, then pulls out the chair for me to sit. He pours us champagne and I was taken aback when he got on one knee. "Oh m..."

"Y/N, you know I'm not very good with the whole relationship thing but you've guided me through it. We've been through a lot not only as a couple but as individuals as well. You've not only made me a stronger and better man, but you've also made me realize the importance of love and ohana. Y/F/N, I would like you to join my unit for a lifelong mission as Mrs. McGarrett?" He asks and I stood there, speechless.

That was the most beautiful thing I've ever heard. I pull him up and crash my lips onto his as he holds on to my waist. He pulls away and looks at me waiting for my answer.

"Yes, you dork." I say. He smiles and kisses me again. Someone cleared their throat and I pull away from Steve, looking behind him only to see Danny. "Congratulations you two!" He says, giving me a hug.

"Thanks, Danny. You were here this whole time?" I ask, as Steve pours him a glass of champagne. "Of course I was. You didn't think my stupid friend here came up with this all on his own now, did you?" He asks, making me laugh.

"Woah, hold up. It was a team effort, Danny. It was a fifty-fifty plan." Steve argues. "No, no. You see, the only plan you had was that stupid 'would you like to join my unit for a life long mission' bullshit. Seriously Steve, you're the only person that would say something so stupid in the middle of a proposal." Danny says, shaking his head.

"Okay, would you two just shut up for once." I say, sitting back in my chair. "What's that smell?" I ask, smelling something burnt. Steve and Danny both looked at each other and said 'Shit' in unison before running into the kitchen.

I shake my head, sipping on my champagne. You marry one and the other comes with it. Great, now I'd be married to dumb and dumber.