Brave-Steve McGarrett (Part One)

(Y/D/N=Your Daughter's Name)

Your P.O.V

"Where's your other hair tie?" I ask Y/D/N.

She leans forward and grabs a black hair tie off her dresser as I finish up braiding her hair. "Alright, now face me." She turns around and I smile, kissing her head.

"You look beautiful. Now, what's the time?" I check my watch and it was 7:25am. We've got heaps of time. "Why don't you go see if daddy needs help with breakfast? I'll be there shortly." I say, ushering her out of the room as I enter the bathroom.

I quickly do my five minute simple make-up routine, brush through my hair and I made my way to the kitchen, seeing Y/D/N already eating away.

I look up to see Steve finishing up the rest of breakfast

I look up to see Steve finishing up the rest of breakfast. "Good morning, honey." I say, wrapping my arms around his torso. "Morning, baby. You're looking beautiful." He turns around and gives me a kiss on the lips.

" He turns around and gives me a kiss on the lips

"This is yummy, daddy." Our little girl says, pouring more syrup on her pancakes. "Woah, slow down on the syrup, honey. It's not good for you." I take the syrup out of her hands and poured her some orange juice.

"I'm glad you like it, sweetheart." Steve walks over and kisses her on the head. He plates up breakfast for the two of us while I poured us coffees. We sit down across from each other with Y/D/N sitting at the head of the table.

"Have you heard anything from Danny?" I ask, taking a bite of my crispy bacon. "No, not yet." He replies. He scoops up a bit of butter and puts it in his coffee. Y/D/N and I exchange weird looks and Steve notices, "What?" he asks, oblivious to the whole thing.

"It's a bit weird, daddy." Y/D/N scrunches up her nose in disgust. Steve looks at me and I shrug, "She's not wrong."

"It's a tasty coffee. You two don't know what you're talking about. Don't knock it till you try it." He says, taking a sip.

"According to my ape like friend here, it uh 'boosts your energy' and uh..what's the other thing? I can't remember but anyway, we all know he's completely nuts." Danny walks in with Grace in tow.

"Danny, have you ever heard of a doorbell or here's an obvious one, knocking?" Steve glares at his partner. "Says the guy who doesn't know how to follow simple rules." retorts Danny.

"Okay you two, the girls and I are heading off to school now." I say, getting up and putting the dirty dishes in the dishwasher. "Alright, you missy better be on your best behaviour. I don't want you punching another kid again...unless it's justified, okay?" Steve says to his six year old daughter and I shake my head. Typical, McGarrett.

"Same goes for you too, monkey. You two look after each other, okay?" Danny says to Grace and she nodded. "That's my girl. Come here." Danny gives her a hug and a kiss.

"Be nice to mommy, okay? Daddy loves you very much." Steve gives his little girl the biggest hug, kissing her cheek. It was the cutest thing ever. Once he lets go of Y/D/N, I walk over and give him a quick peck on the lips. "Thank you for breakfast. I'll see you later, alright? You two be safe out there. Love you both." I blew them a kiss and got the girls in the car and we drove off to school.

I am a teacher at Ali'iolani elementary school and the girls both attend the school. Grace is two years older than Y/D/N but they're both very close. They're the younger Steve and Danny duo for sure. Although they don't argue as much as their father's do but they're all very similar.

To this day, Rachel and I don't know if it's cute or terrifying. Once we arrived, I park up the car and let the girls out before locking it. I drop them off to their classes, making sure they were okay before walking to mine.

I sat down at my desk, going through my laptop making sure I have everything ready. My phone dinged notifying me of a text and I smile, seeing that it was from my husband.

McGarrett🤍: Just arrived at work. We didn't argue in the car, believe it or not. I miss my girls already! I'll see you both at home. I love you, baby xx

I quickly sent a reply and put my phone on silent. The bell goes off and my students start making their way in. "Well good morning everyone!" I say, closing the door once everyone was in.

"Good morning, Mrs McGarrett." They all say in unison. "Happy friday everybody. Who's happy that it's Friday?" I ask, sitting behind my desk; getting the attendance sheet ready.

They all put their hands up and a few chorused 'me' making me laugh. The morning went by very slow. Maybe it was because I kept looking at the time every chance I got. What can I say? I'm too excited to spend the weekend with my family.

"Okay, I want everyone to put their pencils down and gather around in a circle. We're going to play a little game." I say, walking over to them.

I got down on my knees and they all follow. "Alright, we're gonna play a little game that I-" I was cut off by the school alarm going off.

The kids were now looking at me confused. They all block their ears trying to get rid of the awful sound. "Everyone stay put, I'll be right back." I say, sticking my head out in the hallway. Teachers and students were walking past me in a hurry.

"Mrs Harrison, what's going on?" I ask and she looks at me with worry in her eyes. "The whole school is on lockdown. Apparently there's an active shooter in the building. Everyone has to make their way to the gymnasium immediately!" She says, before ushering her students to the direction of the gym.

To be continued...