Love-Danny Williams

"Alright go say bye to daddy before we go." I say to Grace as I pack up her lunch. I have a very hectic schedule today and I'm almost late for work as well. I pour some coffee in my go to cup and grab my keys off the counter.

"Come on honey, we need to go!" I call out to Grace. Danny walks out of the bedroom all dressed for work, Grace in tow. "Danno said he'll drop me off to school today mommy." She says and Danny walks over to me giving me a peck on the lips.

"I'll take her, I don't want you to be late for your meeting today. I've already texted Steve it's fine." He says and I smile. "Thanks, baby. I appreciate it." I say and my phone started ringing, it was work.

"Okay, say bye to your mother." Grace walks over and I give her a big hug. " You be good today, okay? I'll pick you up after school, love you monkey." I kiss her head and walk over to Danny. "You be safe out there and try not to kill each other." I say, clearly talking about him and Steve.

He chuckles, pulling me in for another kiss and Grace covered her eyes. "Also it's Grace's cheer practice after school and it'd be nice if you could be there." I whisper and he nodded. "Wouldn't miss my little girl's cheer practice, ain't that right monkey." He said pinching her cheeks.

My phone rang once again and I groan. "Alright, I gotta go. I love you both." I say rushing out the door. I finally answer and it was my assistant, Kyle letting me know that the meeting has been reschedule for this afternoon. I let out a sigh of relief and slowed down a bit.

~~~~~*****~~~~~

I park up my car at the school and walked over to the field and spotted my little girl right away. She sees me and immediately runs over. "Hi, mommy." I give her a quick kiss, "Hey sweetie, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be practicing?" I say, fixing her hair.

"I just wanted to say hi. Where's daddy?" She asks and I look around me, he wasn't here. "He'll be here soon, baby." Her coach calls her over and without another word, she starts running back to the field. "Be careful, honey."

"Gotta love cheer practice huh." I turn to my left seeing a man. He smiles and holds out his hand, "I'm Mitch, Mitch Newton." I smile, shaking his hand. "I'm Y/N, it's nice to meet you."

"Which one's yours?" He asks and I point to Grace. "The one running towards them." I smile like the proud mother I was. She's grown way too fast. It feels like it wasn't that long ago Danny and I dropped her off to her first day of elementary school.

"She's beautiful...just like her mother." He says and I was taken aback for a second. I feel my cheeks heat up and I clear my throat awkwardly. "Uh- which one's yours?" I ask changing the subject.

"The blonde with the pigtails." He says and I nodded. "Her mother and I are divorced as of yesterday."

"Well she, my wife is happily married. Thanks for that sob story though, it was uh...very entertaining." Danny says, appearing out of nowhere. Mitch opens his mouth to say something but nothing came out. The poor guy was lost for words.

"Danny stop-"

"What's wrong Romeo, cat got your tongue? You see this? It's a ring," he lifts up my hand showing Mitch my ring. "Now I don't know where you're from but here on earth it means she's off limits, pal." He continues to slam the guy.

"I'm so sorry about him, it was nice to meet you Mitch. See you next time." I wave at him. "No you won't." Danny objects. Mitch gives me a weak smile as I drag Danny away. We walk over to the other side, making sure we're sitting far away from people so he doesn't yell at anyone else.

"What was that about, Danny?" I ask. "What? He was clearly hitting on you." He argues and I roll my eyes. "He wasn't but sure, whatever you say Williams." I say and he kisses my cheek. We sat there quietly watching our daughter do her thing.