A Clue

"Hyejin-ie! Bring the japchae to the table, please!"
"Right away, Joohyun-Unnie!"

I brought the japchae bowl–freshly cooked by Irene–from the kitchen and placed it on the dining table

I brought the japchae bowl–freshly cooked by Irene–from the kitchen and placed it on the dining table. Yeri squealed as she smelled the delicious aroma, while Joy prepared the plates, bowls and utensils. Wendy and Seulgi were busy helping Irene plating foods for our dinner tonight, while noisily singing the chorus of their song 'Bad Boy'. I smiled and sat next to Yeri.

Red Velvet was celebrating Christmas Eve tonight, and Yeri invited me. I was happy to accept her invitation, and we had spent the past few hours preparing our dinner. Irene cooked some of the food, but the girls insisted on buying a few extra food on the side, as well as bottles of alcohol and some dessert items. Knowing them so far, I knew these girls could really eat and drink a lot, especially Seulgi.

It had been almost a month since the first time I met Yeri in that club and ended up having sex with her and meeting the other Red Velvet members. Over the past 20 or so days, I'd spent a lot of time with them. I was closest with Yeri, naturally, but Joy turned out to be fun and nice too, so I would say that I was closest with these two girls.

But, I thought, the unnies were really kind too. Irene took care of her members faithfully as if they were her children. Seulgi was altogether wholesome, clumsy, and kindhearted, while Wendy was funny and a little greasy. All of them had accepted me as Yeri's friend, and to be honest, I had felt really comfortable spending more and more time with them.

Yeri kept inviting me to their dorm for meals, and of course to have sex with her. I could even say that we were in an unofficial relationship now. Of course, Yeri and I hadn't actually gone on a proper date, but that was understandable, considering the fact that if she was caught in a public area with me people would start speculating, and that was an unnecessary attention we wanted to avoid.

So far, the past few weeks have been a happy period for me personally. Red Velvet left for MAMA in Singapore a week ago, and came back with the shocking news that Blackpink was entering into an eighteen-month long hiatus. Joy said that Blackpink cited their fatigue and lack of personal time as the reason for their sudden decision, and I did read about Lisa's recent muscle injury after performing in America, but... That couldn't be it, right? I wondered what actually happened with them.

While my relationship with Yeri and Red Velvet blossomed, my investigation met a dead end. I tried looking for clues whenever I was with them, but so far I had found nothing. Yeoni rarely visited Irene in the dorm, and even when he did visit her when I was there, he would only come for a chat or some drinks with all of us, and then leave. Irene herself never did anything suspicious, and since that night a few weeks ago, I had never caught her alone with Yeoni again.

I tried following Yeoni during the week when Red Velvet went to Singapore, but Yeoni did nothing wrong. He spent his days in his studio, before returning home to his apartment in Sinwol-dong or to his childhood home in Geumho-dong. He then left for Singapore on Saturday to watch Blackpink perform. Boring.