A Lie

Sana... I'm sorry...

I gasped and woke up, shooting straight up to sit on my bed, sweating buckets, panting for breath. What happened? What...

Shit... It was a dream.

It was a bad dream. Nothing more than that. I very rarely had a dream of any kind, but somehow when I did, it was always lucid and vivid, including this one I just had. But this one... This one was scary.

In my dream I saw Mina. My sweet, gentle, delicate Myoui Mina. My friend, best friend, bandmate, fellow Japanese. She was wearing a white and red dress, a beautiful one, but the red wasn't from the fabric. Somehow, I knew that the red was... Was blood.

I looked to my left, and saw Jeongyeon still sleeping soundly, snoring lightly. I took a few deep breaths to calm myself. Fuck. What was wrong with me? I pressed my hand to my forehead. I felt my head burning, but the skin I touched was cold as ice.

"Bad dream, Sana. Nothing more..." I told myself.

Again, I looked to my left, and I chuckled softly. Jeongyeon always sleeps peacefully, without any care in the world. Her cute little mouth was gaping a little, drooling a little. Gosh... This woman. I was so lucky to be able to call her my girlfriend... Hang on. Perhaps I should start calling her something else.

I lifted my left hand, staring at the diamond ring circling my ring finger

I lifted my left hand, staring at the diamond ring circling my ring finger. I smiled. Nobody had noticed it yet, and that was good. We planned to keep it a secret for now anyway. I never needed her to do it, I never asked her to do it, and yet she did it anyway when we were in Suwon. Like I said, Jeongyeon always made me feel special.

I slowly left the bed, not wanting to disturb Jeongyeon's peaceful sleep. It was still 7 am anyway. Shit. This was hard. My legs were intertwined with hers. I slowly pulled a leg up, then the second leg... Fuck. My arm hit her hip.

"Fiancé..."

I chuckled. Clumsy Sana, as usual.

"You'll mistakenly call me that in front of everyone and we'll be fucked," I said.

Jeongyeon giggled. Still with her eyes closed, she shook her head slowly.

"No..." she whispered in a hoarse voice. "I'm not you."
"Ya!" I protested, but I chuckled and kissed her cheek. She smiled and gently clung to my forearm.
"Don't leave me..." she uttered. I chuckled again. She was just so cute.
"I'm just going to the toilet," I whispered.

Jeongyeon nodded and smiled, then she reached my bedside. She opened one eye to peek, before closing it back and grinned.

"Where's Dubu?" she asked.
"I think she's taking shower. I can hear the water running," I said.
"Ah yes... She has a variety show shoot today, right?" she asked. I nodded.
"Yeah. Minsoo's picking her up soon," I said.
"Gosh... Were we too rough on her last night?" Jeongyeon sighed. I laughed.
"Nah... She enjoyed it too, right?"