Episode One: skeletal delicacy 2.0 (edited)

È̴͖͇̰̦̟̥͙̠̭̰͠l̶̮̝̲̄͒̾̈͛̇͜é̵̢̧̟͕͓͉̜̈́̋̇͑̇ï̴͎̙̥̬̙̜̱̼͆̽s̸̝̟̞͔̖͎̘̬͎̄̆͋͂̕ó̶̪̻͓̖̳̭͓̺̤̥͂͊n̴̖̳̯̖̮̻̂͂̾̏̇̽̊̄̚͜ͅ

──────────────────

Suggestion: Turn on and loop given music.

─────────────

ᴋʏʀɪᴇ

Kyrie frowns at the car that seems to have skidded off the road, but she doesn't stop to look at it even though it looks strangely familiar. Her eyes skim over the rearview mirror for a moment, then she focuses on the foggy road, driving not so fast neither slow.

Kiel stares out at the forest, half of his face covered by the black scarf around his neck, strands of white hair peeking from underneath his black sunhat.

Taking him out is risky all right, especially when she isn't even sure how he'll react to a crowd, but leaving him alone is probably worse.

Someone had intruded in her room in her presence and she couldn't even tell? What kind of bullshit is that? If it weren't for the already present doubts she had, she wouldn't even believe him and would have considered the whole incident he described as merely a figment of his imagination.

But he is convinced whoever it is that threatened him in the forest and in the closet is the real killer, and she really does think the whole thing with Doli is suspiciously offbeat, so here they are, driving to find their first piece of evidence.

Kiel has said this Eze guy has a tattoo, a coloured one at that. Considering Stonehill, a service like that would probably be only provided in the biggest marketplace they have. How many tattoo shops are there anyway? 5 at most. She won't even be surprised if that number is 1.

"Just so you know, I'm not abandoning you out here. I refuse to leave you alone." She glances at the mirror again, smiling at the way Kiel's eyes suddenly lights up. He is beginning to like and trust her, so that's good. If she is to use him to get at the bottom of all these confusions, that is necessary.

Plus it feels nice. Being liked by someone who probably doesn't like anyone. That is sad in a way, how he hasn't it in him to trust people, which will need fixing sooner or later but for the moment she'll relish on the guilty feeling.

The only problem: what to do with him in the end. Of course, he can't just live with her forever. Eventually, she'll have to find him a place. Find his family as well, and put them behind bars for all she knows. She doesn't know much, but he has old wounds in his body too. The abuse is too apparent.

Annoyed, Kyrie groans, turning a bend in the road. I'll think 'bout it later.

This part of the town is surprisingly brighter than the South. More apartment buildings than houses, all of them with glass surfaces. The streets have potholes but not much water is collected in them. People walk around busy and all, mostly minding their own business. The oddest thing would be the weather. So drastically different from that of the South. Hot and irritable.