Episode Two: kiel (edited)

Ȩ̴̦̯̗̼̙̜̜͛͆͆͊̽l̵̛̟͇̩͙͕̩̰͇̀̒̀͂̕̕͝ḙ̴͕͉̥̦̥͑̇ì̶̜̮̫̤́̍̆͘͝s̴̹̘͉̹̬͚̐ơ̵̪͙͖̼̥̈́̈ñ̶̡̡̦̟̟̟͙̙̿̃̐̏̌̊̇̚͠

 ■□■□■□■□■□■□■ 

░I░n░i░t░i░a░t░i░n░g░ ░E░p░i░s░o░d░e░ ░T░w░o░:░ ░T░h░e░ ░W░h░i░t░e░ ░R░o░s░e░

 ■□■□■□■□■□■□■

"ᶠˡᵒʷᵉʳ⁻ˢᵗᵃⁱⁿᵉᵈ ᵇˡᵒᵒᵈ ʳᵘⁿˢ ᵗʰⁱᶜᵏᵉʳ"

"Hmm." 

The forest outside is dark, blurry. Thick mist surrounds it so the dark black blends with the greyer black of the sky where the foliage ends. 

On the other side of the fence is pure white snow, collecting more and more by the gradual snowfall.

Kiel watches his reflection on the glass wall. It is vague, partly because he wears all black that absorbs light, partly because of the fog that has collected on it. Besides, it's evening already. 

Sigh. 

He places his gloved hand on his reflection, then slides it up on the cold surface to hide where his eyes should be. He doesn't like them. So unnaturally bright, so odd.

"What are you thinking?" the voice comes from within the glass. A hand that isn't his places itself on his own palm, then the dark silhouette steps out of the glass to stand before him, his soft smile unmistakable, his blue eyes warm and deep.

"Why are you...here?" Asks Kiel, rubbing his cold nose with the back of his sleeve.

"I can't be?"

The feeling of something being wrapped around his neck, high enough to cover his nose, makes Kiel gaze up at Eze. A black scarf. It smells of detergent, leaves, and of warmth.

"She could...see you."

"That's not true. No one can see me but you, remember? Brother mine. Haha.

He does remember, of course. But it is scary. Even scarier every time he would look at The Mother, for her eyes, even though shockingly similar to Eze's, narrow and blue, are always watching.

Even then when he sees her from the corner of his vision, sitting on the old sofa at the corner of the indoor playground, speaking with a person who sits opposite her.