Chapter 19

A week after what Chaewon saw, she decided to talk to Minju after school. The latter texted Minju to meet her in front of the library. Minju found it weird but agreed to anyway since the exams are over.

Once Minju reached the third level, she looked all over the place to spot a black-haired girl. The moment she did that, someone tapped her from behind which made her jump.

"Omo!"

She turned around and saw Chaewon. The latter then dragged her to a nearby bench to sit down.

"What do you want to talk about?" Minju casually asked while looking at Chaewon. The girl doesn't know how to start this conversation. It'd be weird to say it straight up, wouldn't it?

"Uhm..."

"Why?"

"Uhm...do you really like Yujin?"

Minju frowned, not understanding that sudden question. She then crossed her arms while leaning back. She's wondering why Chaewon suddenly asked this question and as a matter of fact, Minju knows this girl likes her. Chaewon started fiddling with her hands while avoiding the latter's eye contact.

"Come on Chaewon, you know I do. Why are you asking?"

Minju felt squirms in her stomach as if she's expecting something bad to happen. She's been thinking about Yujin acting rather weird for the past few days. Now that Chaewon is here asking her this question, it's adding to her suspicion.

"Do you trust her?" Chaewon looked up directly into Minju's eyes. The brunette starting to feel irritated.

"Why are you asking me these? I know you like me, but you can't make up things for me to hate Yujin or rather leave her. What are you trying to do?"

"I just...I just don't want you to get hurt."

"Hurt? Why would I be hurt? Chaewon...what's going on?" Minju started to get anxious out of nowhere when Chaewon's face turned uneasy. Her heart is palpitating quickly.

"I saw her..."

"You saw what?"

Chaewon paused, not knowing if this is the right thing to do. She knows she doesn't have the right to ruin anything, but she saw it with her own eyes. After a while, she lets out a sigh.

"I saw her kissing Wonyoung last week in the school garden." Chaewon just shut her mouth after that. Minju felt her chest getting heavier by the second.

She shook her head in commiseration, not believing what she's hearing. What if this is just one of Chaewon's tricks to get her? She doesn't know.

"W-What?" Her voice quivered and cracked towards the end. She held her tears in because she won't believe anything she doesn't see.

"I'm sorry..." Chaewon said while trying to reach for Minju's hands. Minju stood up and took a step back.

"No, no, this can't be. You're lying. I'm not playing your games here."

As soon as she started to walk away, she heard a notification from the school's anonymous page. She turned on her phone to check on what it is.

Her eyes were transfixed with shock and grief as soon as she saw a video—Yujin kissing Wonyoung.

Her face immediately went pale as the blood drained off her face. Her hands started to tremble while holding onto her phone as she shifted her gaze to Chaewon.

Oh fuck, I thought I was the only one there.

Chaewon lifted her head and turned to look at Minju who's legs were threatening to fall. She could see how her face screams agony. She quickly ran to Minju to catch her before she actually collapses to the ground. The girl was at a loss for words.