Let's talk about our favourite bands

Heyyy guys!
How are you doing?

I 'm happy because I went to a comic festival and it was ducking AMAZING but I will talk about it in the randomness book

So I was thinking that today we could play a challenge I found in the Internet. Basically you pick your favourite band and you answer some questions about it.

First, pick your favourite band

✨Nightwish✨

1. Why do you love them?

I love Nightwish because their music is magical, original and meaningful.
And here's exactly what I mean with every one of these words

-Magical
This word describes exactly what Nightwish makes me feel. I rarely feel something when listening to music. I mean it can get me excited or calm but rarely sonething really powerful. I think the only times I feel something was when listening to Nothing Else Matters by Metallica, some Rhapsody Of Fire songs and all of Nightwish's songs!
In particular, what they make me feel is awe and balance. Their music has this incredible clam power and absolutley perfect balance. It seems like the voice of the singer is a perfect match for the music. You are sitting here in your human little world, until their music grabs you by the hand, jumps up to the sky flying and shows you to a hundred magical worlds you never expected to see! For me each song is a different world full of wonders and magic. Balance. Escapism. Magic. Freedom. That's how I would describe it.

-Original
Unlike most other bands I know, Nightwish are true to their music. They only reason they make music is the music itself and they love what they are doing. They describe the business part of being a musician as a "necessary evil". They are the exact opposite of "commercial" because what they create has nothing to do with money or success. There was some guy in Once Upon A Nightwish (I don't remember who) who said "Nightwish's music comes from the heart and I think that somehow the audience senses that". Well, he has no idea how right he is!

-Meaningful
Nightwish's music is not a simple catchy melody like the music other bands or artists of today, but an actual composition. It's like classical music- they don't simply make songs they make art. Also, the lyrics are true poetry and can adress many different subjects -many of which are really important and/or quite special. There are songs about fantasy which are narrating a story, songs about science that teach you many things, songs about society which indicate what humanity need to change in order to become better and finally songs about emotions that can help you if you ever feel down. To bring an example of the last type of songs, I once was really sad and was listening to How's The Heart from their last album. Once the lyric Here I am to share the fear came up I started crying. I think it's one of the very few times I have cried to a song...

2. How long have you been a fan?

Hmm I think for about a year now

3. What was the first song by them that you heard?

It was either Storytime or Phantom Of The Opera or Sleeping Sun. I was little and they were too metal for me (the heaviet stuff I would listen then was She Loves You by The Beatles). I freked out with the video for Storytime, I kinda liked Phantom Of The Opera because the original version was one of my favourite songs but I found the headbanging in the live video incredibly funny and weird and I had downloaded Sleeping Sun and although I wasn't listening to it a lot.

4. What is your favourite song by them?

Hmm let's see
The Islander, Bye Bye Beautiful, Storytime, Last Ride Of The Day, Wish I Had An Angel, Phantom Of The Opera, Dark Chest Of Wonders, The Poet And The Pendulum, Amaranth, Sleeping Sun, Ghost Love Score, Stargazers, Moondance, Endless Forms Most Beautiful, Shoemaker, Shudder Before The Beautiful, Rest Calm, Élan, My Walden, Harvest, How's The Heart, Eva, Meadows Of Heaven, Noise, Passion And The Opera, Edeam Ruh, 7 Days To The Wolves, Taikatalvi, She Is My Sin, Wanderlust, Wishmaster, Sacrament Of The Wilderness, Turn Loose The Mermaids, Nemo, Whoever Brings The Night, Over The Hills And Far Away, Beauty Of The Beast, The Greatest Show On Earth, Ever Dream, Ocean Soul, Dead To The World, End Of All Hope, While Your Lips Are Still Red, Gethsername, Last Of The Wilds, Planet Hell, Slaying The Dreamer, Walking In The Air, Master Passion Greed, Pan, Alpenglow, Yours Is An Empty Hope, Weak Fantasy, The Riddler, Swanheart, Song Of Myself, Scaretale, Sahara, Slow Love Slow, I Want My Tears Back, Cadence Of Her Last Breath, For The Heart I Once Had, Feel For You, Higher Than Hope,  Devil And The Deep Dark Ocean, Creek Mary's Blood and every piece of art I haven't downloaded or forgot to mention 😌

5. What is your favourite album by them?

Each one of them is a masterpiece and I fall in love with them when I first listen to them but currently my favourites are Dark Passion Play and Oceanborn.

6

6. Who is your favourite Nightwish member

Tuomas Holopainen aka the dark magician

And

Marko Hietala aka the Viking

7. Have you ever seen them live?

No 😭
But I hope that one day I will even though I 'm a bit sad I will never get to see Marko live.

I can't wait to see what band you will choose and your answers!!!

Bye and see you next chapter!