Prologue

The sun began to peak out from beyond the clouds that formed over the blue sky. Light rain sprinkled the camp below. Laughs of young children echoed throughout the air of Lake Lilac, breaking the once frozen silence.

•••

Nikki ran around the camp, chasing every squirrel that caught her eye. Max and Neil slowly walked closely behind the rabid girl in comfortable silence. Sometimes it was a mystery how the girl had so much energy, heavily considering how heavy her jacket probably was with the many rocks and tree nuts in her pockets.

Other kids ran around, chasing each other and jumping in the muddy puddles. Their jackets catching some mud and soaking it in. Nerf was even caught almost drowning Preston in a puddle, but was quickly stopped by Gwen yelling at him.

David and Gwen watched closely at their campers, Gwen keeping a head count and keeping them safe while writing in her diary. What a multitasker. Meanwhile, David enjoyed the scenery he had seen many times before, but today the trees were orange and the cold began to nip at his nose, leaving it a rosy red. No matter the weather or what color the leaves were David didn't care, for he loved nature for everything it was. His smile so visible on his face, you could see it all the way in Thailand! Luckily, he wasn't Campbell.

Speaking about Campbell, he sat inside the attic watching the weather channel. He didn't bother with helping with the kids or camp activities. He was more of an "illegal activities" kind of guy anyway. Though, that didn't stop the kids and their councilors from having a fun day in the rain.

•••

Welcome to Camp Campbell

•••

{Hey! Author here! Thanks for visiting my fanfiction, I really appreciate it! I'd love to see your feedback! How was the prologue? Any ideas for what could potentially happen at camp or any other story ideas? Let me know! (。•̀ᴗ-)✧}

See you next chapter, Camper!!