Prologue

🇵​​🇷​​🇴​​🇱​​🇴​​🇬​​🇺​​🇪

“Following a decade of unrivaled success, AXIS has experienced a severe setback to its reputation and market value due to a tactless remark to Vista Primera. The question arises: Will this crisis lead to the company's ultimate downfall, or could it be an opportunity for the company to emerge even stronger than before?”

I clenched my jaw as I pressed the power button on the office monitor. Sa inis ay marahas ko din iyong binato kahit na alam kong kasama ko sa loob ng opisina ang aking ama.

Great! It's ironic that our publishing company, which specializes in print news articles, is being rummaged and feasted by other mainstream news stations and publishing companies. This predicament leaves us feeling like a fish out of water and it is embarrasing!

Nakakahiya dahil trabaho namin ang magbalita at makialam sa buhay ng iba pero ngayon ay kami naman ang ibinabalita, pinapakialaman, at siguradong tinatawanan ng karamihan.

AXIS have had a good reputation for years and this feud against Vista Primera that we are facing right now is probably one of the most draining issue that we have been. It feels like the company is in drought because we're experiencing backlash from the masses. Pati ang trust rating namin ay bumaba ng kwarenta porsyento!

“I had enough with this, Dad! Kung gusto nila ng gulo pwes bibigyan ko sila!” I gritted my teeth.

Mga tusong Dela Vista! Sila ang mali pero ngayon ay binabaliktad kami para lang umangat sila ulit. They're waging a war because they think they are wealthier than us. Ha! Anong pake ko sa pera nila! Gusto nila paulanan ko pa ng pera lahat ng establisyemento nila!

“Adding fuel to a fire will only make it worse, and I won't allow that to happen. Kung magmamatigas ka mas lalo mo lang ipapahamak ang sarili mo,” he said, annoyed with what I just muttered.

My hands formed into fists while looking at my father, “It's them or us, Dad!”

Kung hindi kami gagalaw, patuloy lang kaming masisira. Kapag pinabayaan namin sila, kami ang matatalo. Kapag naging tahimik ka, patuloy ka lang ibababa. That's how it works. Sometimes you need to fight back when you know you're on the right track.

He massaged his forehead, a sign that he's really irritated at me.

“You know we did not do anything wrong! We released that article because that's true and we had evidence. Sadyang tuso lang sila at tayo ang nagigipit ngayon!”

“And what's your plan? To get back at them and let them ruin us for the second time?”

“If it will destroy them like what they did to us, then so be it,” desidido kong sagot na nagpailing sa kanya.

“This is normal in this industry, Shea. Sooner or later, it will die down.”

I scoffed and looked at my father with my bewildered expression. I can't believe I am hearing all of this!

“You're too kind in this industry, Dad.” Which is a fact! Walang pwesto ang kabaitan sa ganitong industriya. Everyone is playing with each other. If you're afraid to fight, then they will just pull you down effortlessly.

It's disheartening to consider our role as news sources in the country, which should be focused on uniting and providing truthful information to our audience, now seems to be motivated primarily by monetary gain and a desire to outdo one another. It became a competition. A game played by companies to see who's at the top of the chain.

“I am not. It is what the people need,” aniya ng mahinahon kahit na ramdam mo ang kapaguran sa kanyang tono.

I shook my head to disagree with him. Since the dawn of my existence, my father has imbued within me the wisdom and essence of benevolence and modesty, urging me to extend these virtues to all I meet. However, I hold a different perspective. I believe that respect is a two-way street; I only extend my respect and kindness to those who reciprocate it and burn those who doesn't.