Part 2 - 2 Years, Future

2 years later

Lloyd felt the dark energy grow in his muscular body when he was finally allowed to enter the basement, that Kuraiko had kept secret from him.

This month, in just a few days, it will be two years since Lloyd, the green ninja, was kidnapped by the cruel oni king.
Kuraiko was the son and descendant of the Overlord, but to this day it is not known whether the Overlord himself was an Oni or just a dark, evil creature... Created by the balance.

Kuraiko had long ruled as the leader of the oni and other chiefs like Omega obeyed him and always did what he asked for. Word by word.

Omega had been a strong, stubborn creature of the first realm, so of course Lloyd caught Kuraiko's attention after the ninja killed the oni.
Omega's death was quickly spread around and was considered as one of the greatest defeats in the oni stories.
It was impressive that a little ninja, a teenager who was possibly 15-17 years old at the time, could wipe out an army.
At first Kuraiko thought, all of this was a ridiculous bad joke.
A young dragon Oni hybrid that also had human blood was no danger in his eyes.

Well, at least that was what he believed.

Even though Kuraiko knew that Lloyd and his other friend Zane had defeated his father, the Overlord, the man often laughed about the "wanna be" heroes.

Nevertheless, he had to admit to himself that Lloyd was intelligent boy and also a strong opponent. It would have been foolish to underestimate him again...

That's the reason why he told Taylor, a young man who used to go to school with Lloyd, to lure the green ninja to the oni castle.
Taylor had been the king's servant all his life, so he fullfied his mission.
It was clear that after Omega's death he would follow in the footsteps of the great leader.
Taylor commanded the other oni warriors of the king, to take the other ninja into the forest while they were falling asleep.
That gave Taylor enough time to destroy all evidence of Lloyd being kidnapped by him.

And so Lloyd and Kuraiko met at this place,... almost 2 years ago.

Kuraiko didn't hesitate and cursed the choosen one.

The curse was actually forbidden and could not even be used by villains, as the risk was too great that something could go wrong.
But the king didn't care, the only thing Kuraiko was sure about ... Was that he wanted Lloyd, mainly his power.

He wanted the green ninja to turn into a ruthless being, someone easily to control.
Someone who would destroy the dragons for Kuraiko. Then the first realm would finally belong to the onis, to the mighty king...

The large door of the basement opened slowly and Lloyd's heartbeat increased.
At the beginning, when Lloyd was only working for kuraiko for a few days, the king forbade him to go into the cellar.

Kuraiko said, that this was the room, where the three oni masks were created and other dark powerful weapons to kill humans and dragons.

But finally after 2 years, Kuraiko was sure to show Lloyd the place. Lloyd was going to do his will anyway like some stupid puppet, so there was no longer any danger.

"... I feel so much dark power in here..." Lloyd said astonished, but you could also hear in his voice, that he had great fear.

"Why didn't you want to show me the place beforehand? It's incredible!"

" I was unsure about your curse child. I was called crazy when my people found out that I had used the forbidden spell on someone! So I waited a while to see ... If you wouldn't betray me!" replied the Oni king.