Part 6 - Broken Enemy, Broken Friend?

As Kuraiko heard what Lloyd demanded of Taylor, it made his stomach turn completely.
"Lloyd, you can't-"...

But Kuraiko knew that Lloyd could. He had given Lloyd the position of a prince in his realm, and when Lloyd set his mind to something, he would see it through.

The Sword in the Stone... An ancient legend.
It was not even known if this object truly existed or if it was just some stupid fantasy tale.

According to the ancient tomes, the Sword in the Stone represents the soul of the dragon realm.
Without this legendary sword, the very fabric of the first world would crumble, leading to the demise of all life dwelling upon it.

The first world can only exist if there is a balance between the Oni and the Dragon realm. Destruction and creation are forces closely intertwined, no matter how much the dragons and Oni may deny it. They are dependent on each other.

If the Dragon realm were to perish, a terrible fate would also befall the Oni. That's why the sword is well-hidden to prevent it from falling into the wrong hands. No book or map provides any information about this dangerous weapon. The only thing known is that this sword is located in the Dragon realm and is stuck in a stone. One can only pull out this sword if they are destined to and have no dark selfish desires.

So yeah, pure nonsense... Right?

Numerous Oni and Dragons remained skeptical, confident that their lives were not bound to some peculiar, magical sword.

Kuraiko let out a weary sigh.

Lloyd seemed to believe in the existence of this sword nevertheless. As the Green Ninja, he had witnessed and experienced... Weird strange things before.

However, finding it seemed like an almost insurmountable task for Taylor.
Kuraiko couldn't help but wonder if Lloyd's encouragement of Taylor's involvement was merely a ploy to see him fail. After all, Lloyd had harbored a deep grudge against Taylor for the past two years, and one could hardly blame him for that.

"Taylor is the perfect candidate for this quest!" Lloyd declared proudly. "As the leader of the army and a dragon himself, I'm actually doing him a favor by sending him back to where he belongs."

Lloyd noticed how Taylor's face contorted, and how he struggled to maintain a normal, confident posture.

A typical soldier...trying to proof that he is a strong fearless man who will do anything the king says, no matter how absurd and dangerous the quest is... Just because he simps for a certain purple-haired princess with pretty eyes and long eyelashes, who let's say... Well, fucked it up. What an idiot.

However, Lloyd had to unwillingly admit that Taylor, unlike his pitiful little Girl-friend Aria, was loyal. He showed loyalty to both Kuraiko and Lloyd.

Since his childhood, Taylor had been an Oni warrior, opposing the dragons, and the fact that he was one of them meant nothing to him. He harbored deep hatred for his own kind and sending him to a place where these creatures lived, especially as enemies, was far from being a favor. Nevertheless...

"I'll do it, but set her free!" Taylor's voice exuded seriousness. He was resolute in protecting Aria, and Lloyd knew it, which was why he took advantage of this situation.

"Guards!" When Lloyd's voice echoed through the hall, the guards immediately released Princess Aria, pushing her forward roughly as if she a piece of trash, their gaze fixed on Lloyd.