Part 4 - Escape

Her heart was beating faster and faster, she felt that her legs were already hurting from running and jumping back and forth.

Like a lunatic, the young girl ran through the kingdom of the Onis, but...
Did she really have a choice?

She ended up being hunted down by one of the best trained armies throughout the village.

Stopping was out of the question, there were too many men on the road at once, and they split up to look for her.
So there weren't many places to hide from the guards.
The only option the girl had, was to hide on the roofs of the houses where men would have a harder time getting to.
But even then she did not go unnoticed.

"Harumi! There's that brat!"

Harumi, standing on a roof of an older house, looked down when she heard her name...

No, not her name, rather the word brat, had caught her attention.

"Brat...."
She rolled her eyes in annoyance and continued to flee, jumping onto the nearest rooftops.

"She rolled her eyes in annoyance and continued to flee, jumping onto the nearest rooftops

About 2 years ago, when Taylor brought Lloyd to the Oni King, she too was captured and brought to the first realm

While the green ninja was spoiled, given a nice comfortable room and was allowed to talk to the "mighty king" himself, Harumi was taken to the cold prison with other bandits and cowardly criminal idiots.

Unlike Lloyd, she wasn't welcomed with open arms.

They had treated her like a slave since day one.
Like a servant, who was worth nothing next to arrogant army members, who only made fun of her or gave her orders.
Under Taylor's supervision, she had to work for the king, do the "dirty work."

Of course, Harumi wasn't used to that anymore...

It's been a few years since she had a normal childhood with her real parents in the poorer Fifth of Ninjago.
She was adopted by the Emperor and Empress at an early age and became the Princess of Ninjago.
Her old life, which she missed so much, had become alien to her...
And she noticed that when she had to fulfill the dirty tasks as a servant in prison.