Hina-chan

"Do you look like a dufus every morning?" I giggle as Hanagaki walks with a happy yet vacant expression toward the school.
"I'm not a duffus!" He turns to yell at me before turning back into a happy mess of a boy. He disappeared last night before I saw him again this morning to go to school since I have no idea where to go he has to walk with me.
Once we get to the school he introduces me to Hina.
"Good morning Hanagaki-kun, umm...whose your friend?" She looks at me up and down like if I step too close to him she'll hit me so I do the only thing I know how to, instigate.
"Yeah Hanagaki-kun, introduce us," I say as I nonchalantly throw my arm over his shoulder while smiling like a Cheshire cat.
"Hina-Chan! T-this is Y/n. My cousin who was in England."
"Oh hello," she says smiling brightly, she's cute and the reason my cousin is being an idiot so I automatically like her.
"It's nice to meet you Hina-chan. Hanagaki go away so we can have girl talk you duffus."
"He is a duffus isn't he, y/n-chan," Hina says standing next to me, replacing his spot under my arm, making me like her even more as we watch Hanagaki get flustered and stomp away.
"Haha, he's mad now but he'll get over it," she says.
"I can already tell we are gonna be great friends, and please never use formalities with me Y/n is perfect."
"Great you can drop them too, I really only make Hanagaki use them anyway," she giggles. "Let me see your schedule."
After wrestling with my bag and making small talk I hand her the printed sheet of my classes.
"Omg, yay, we have every class together," she smiles that same bright smile again.
"Perfect I was worried I wouldn't know anyone."
"Well you're stuck with me now," she says proudly as she links her arm in mine and leads me off to class.
As we are switching classes we see a crowd of people lining up staring at of course our favorite duffus and the leaders of the Tokyo Manji Gang. Without either of us thinking we walk towards the both of them and unexpectedly Hina slaps Mikey in the face,
"Damn," I say a little too loudly earning me a death look from Draken. As Hina grabs on to Hanagaki.
"Takemichi-kun, let's go. Don't let these people bully you. Come y/n." She said as a command.
"Uh," I say looking between the group, and boy are all of them pissed.
"Don't make me kill you, brat," Draken says stopping the two of them. "You slap him outta nowhere and now you're peacing out? Who the hell do you think you are?"
"Who do you think you are?" Hina starts. " you just waltz into a school you don't go to and try and grab him by force. That's not something friends do! Takemichi-kun is injured all the time lately, even y/n has bruises on her arms she attempting to cover," damn how'd she notice the bruises I found this morning. "And if that's because of you two I'll put a stop to it!"
I couldn't take it anymore, I put my hand on Drakens shoulder from behind him, "Let go of her."
Takemichi turns when Draken doesn't let go and places his hand on his other shoulder mimicking my movement. Except his hand is shaking as he speaks, " she said let go of her you asshole!"
" So who do you think you're talking to?" Draken asks leaning down his 6ft frame to Takemichi's face.
" There are just some things I won't give up on ever again!" I have no idea what Hanagaki is talking about but he's not shaking anymore so I know he's serious.
"Aww and I thought we could be friends. Now the question is... How do you two want to die" Mikey turns to us giving us the same look he gave to Kiyomasa. Making Hanagaki shit his pants when Mikey starts walking towards us.
"Just promise me... just promise me one thing! Don't ever lay a finger on Hina!" Hanagaki looks almost impressive as he stares down the head of Toman leaving me speechless as I look over to find Hina just as shocked as I am.
"What?" Mikey says looking at me this time, staring at me as he goes to punch Hanagaki, "like I care," as I shoot forward Draken hold me back by my arms pinning my back to his chest when Mikey says, " JK!"
Both everyone else and I are flabbergasted as Draken chuckles behind me.
"Jeez, you are both so gullible. Like I'd ever hit a girl." He says as he wanders off.
"Y/n...you and Takemitchy actually threatened me, you have venom in your voice I was almost scared," Draken smirks, making me wonder if he knows exactly who I am and wanders towards Mikey. "Yo Takemitchy," he says patting my cousin's back. "No hard feelings. There are times you can't give up. There aren't many guys who would say that about their girl these days."
The comment made Hina's chest swell with joy and relief.
"Um ..y/n, what's with those guys?" Hina whispers to me as Hanagaki stands still talking to Draken.
As I fill her in I watch her face change from relieved to embarrassed, "...so yeah you just slapped the commander of Toman."
She runs off after them leaving me to follow her out, "I'm so sorry!" She yells once catching up to the three guys and landing in a bow.
"She just had the wrong idea," I add.
"It's okay. That was one hell of a slap though." Mikey replied earning another apology from Hina as I giggle. " it's fine to do what you can for those you like, but don't push yourself too much. Things can really go wrong depending on who you're dealing with"
"We will take a mental note," she says grabbing my hand.
"Hey, I can handle myself thank you," I state rolling my eyes and pretend to make a fuss.
"I'm gonna go now," Hina runs off.
"Wait what about our date?" Hanagaki yells to her.
"We can do it some other time. Your friends came to see you, after all," she says as she waves goodbye.
"Bye-bye. Don't slap me in the face next time," Mikey blandly says as he waves back. As I begin to walk after her Mikey grabs my hand, " nope you're coming with us!" He says as he smiles like a child given a toy.
"Okay, then where are we going?" I say as Mikey leads me over to two bikes by my hand.
"On an adventure," Draken says leaning over my shoulder and pulling me away from Mikey towards one of the bikes. "Come on you can ride with me Takemitchy is gonna have to peddle Mikey."
He sits and then pats the back of the bike motioning for me to do the same. For gang leaders, the two of them are not at all what I'm used to. This is definitely gonna be an interesting last year of high school.