20. Nolwazi

~Zinhle Mpumelelo~

I sat watching tv... well listening to it while Trixy lay on my lap. I hear the door open followed by footsteps. Trixy climbed down the couch and let out a bark. I heard the door close.

"Nolwazi?"

Silence.

I couldn't hear anything but I sure as hell could feel her presence. Then Trixy barked again but there was still silence, I knew it was my sister. "Nolwazi, I know you're there."

She sighed, "Hi Zee."

"Why are you sneaking in as if you know you did something wrong?"

"Umm... no reason."

"Lies."

"What?!"

"Nolwazi sit down, come talk to me," I instructed. I heard her sigh. "You can moan and groan all you want, but you are going to sit down and tell me the truth before Leon gets back with dinner." Just then I heard the door open. "Speaking of the devil."

"What devil?" Leon asked. "Nolwazi... geez, what happened? Who did you fuck with?"

"Can you two just stop interrogating me!" she yelled in irritation.

"Woah... wait, Leon? What does she look like?" I asked.

"Uhh... umm... she..." Leon sighed, "Ok, so her clothing is on skew, she looks very flushed and as far as I can see she has two hickeys on her neck. Her eyes are flippen red, she looks very dazed and yeah."

"What?!" I exclaimed.

"Leon! I told you to shhh!" my sister whined.

"Nolwazi?"

"I'm going to my room now."

"Nolwazi!!" I yelled causing silence. "Come here right now before I find you!"

I waited a while and felt as someone sat next to me with a sigh.

"Nolwazi, who did you sleep with?"

"I... I did it... I slept with... I don't know who he was," she confessed. Only then I became aware of the exhaustion in her voice.

"Nolwazi, what's going on with you? You've been out for days and you always tired. Plus, you've been extra moody and just... not you. What's up?"

Nolwazi just sighed in response.

"Nolwazi?"

"Umm... Zee..." i heard Leon say lowly in my ear, "she's not looking too great, I think we should take her to hospital."

I sighed and nodded.

"Nolwazi?" he called.

"Hm?"

"You're not ok. I'm taking you to hospital, you need to get checked out."

"No-" she groaned.

"Come on."

"I don't want-"

"Nolwazi please j-"

"No!!" she snapped.

I grew confused as to what was going on. There was something I wasn't seeing. Something I had to see to pick up. Something Leon wasn't telling me about my sister. Something serious.

I heard Leon sigh.

I felt as Nolwazi got up, "I'm going to my ro-" her words trailed off... I heard her sigh... then I heard Leon's fast footsteps.