38. Long Days

~Leon Kelly~

I walked into my apartment and closed the door behind me. I turned on the lights with a sigh. I felt guilty to be home. Zee was still in hospital all alone. What if she wakes up and doesn't know where she is, and I'm not there to tell her.

I couldn't spend another full day there or else Dr. Collette would murder me. So here I was, back home. I went to my room and sat on the bed. How was I gonna shower with the cast on my fist? Looks like I was gonna have to make a plan.

After my shower I went to bed. Since I was lacking at appetite I didn't eat. I closed my eyes for a few seconds, exhaustion starting to settle and convert into slumber. Then I saw the image again, like the flash of a camera snapping a photo.

My eyes shot opened and I took a deep breath to calm myself. I sat up and looked around to think. I really needed to see Zee. Yes I was just there less than an hour ago but I need to see her again. To ensure she's ok. But if I do Dr. Collette won't let me.

Damn it.

I lay back down and lay wide awake the whole night. When the bird's chirping got really loud and the light from outside became brighter through the curtains, I decided to get up. I went to freshen up but still didnt eat. I hadn't eaten in three days, plus today would be four.

I heard my phone ringing and went to get it. I looked at the screen to see that it was Joanne, Ryan's PA. I took a deep breath before answering the call.

"Hi Joanne."

"Leon. I heard what happened. How are you?"

I sighed, "To be honest, I don't know."

"Well... I'm really sorry. I hope she gets better."

"Me too."

"Umm... are coming to work this week? Cause um... Ryan is about to blow a fuse."

"I was actually thinking of quitting."

"Quitting?" she repeated with shock in her voice. "Why? Not happy with your salary. A colleague is pissing you off?"

"No, it's the boss. I can't stand him anymore," I stated.

I heard her sigh, "I understand. I would've preferred to have been your personal assistant."

"You knew about-"

"Yeah. I tried convincing your father not to but I'm just a PA. Now that think about it, I don't think he wanted to give it up. I think he was under the influence of some drug. I don't know but I know that was not him speaking."

I went silent.

"Anyways. I take it you won't be back for while."

"Actually, maybe I'll pass by today. Financial year is coming to an end so there's a lot I need to do. I need to keep my mind off things."

"Ok. See you later."

"See you."

She hung up and I put my phone down. I took a deep breath. I heard a knock on the door and went to open it.

I sulked at who I saw. "Here to slap me again?" I asked her.

"May I come in?"

I stepped aside letting her in. I closed the door behind her and turned to see her looking around.

"Nice place you got here," she complemented.

"Nolwazi, what do you want?" I asked getting irritated.

"Did you visit her yesterday?" she enquired walking around the living room.

"Yes." I was already emotional and this chick was testing me. I was in no condition to be tested. I didn't need her shit. Not today. Not any time soon.