CHAPTER 6: I Found my Prince!

I waited for Jake in the living room. He said he'd be here anytime soon, so I browsed my phone. I noticed that I don't have a Twitter account, so I created one. I took a selfie and made it the profile picture of my public account. On the other hand, a mirror shot for a private account. A few minutes later, someone knocked on the door. Mom opened it and Jake was there. "Jake, why bother to knock on the door when I gave you a spare key?" Mom said. "It's better to welcome me, Aunt." he said. Mom treats Jake like his own son, maybe because he was always with me from childhood. "You look awesome, Jake!" I said.

"Oh! Complementing me so I can complement you too?" he stated. "You look gorgeous, Nine" he seriously said. I felt flattered and speechless. "By the way, add me to your Twitter. @cute_nine is my username." My phone received a notification, "@Jake_handsome followed you." Of course, I followed him back. I saw Mr. Ben enter the door and it seemed we needed to depart now. "Aunt, don't worry, I'll take care of Nine in the party." Jake uttered. "Of course, I am entrusting him to you." Mom replied. Jake and I hugged Mom and said goodbye.

We had a ride in the car and Jake pestered me again. "Nine, you created your account just a few minutes ago, but you already had thousands of followers." Jake stated. "Well, that's to be expected!" I boastfully said.

Jake took a nap first so that he could truly enjoy the party later. I put on my headset and played some music while traveling. After 15 minutes, we had already arrived at the school. "Jake, wake up now. We're already here." I said. He responded to what I said. Before getting out of the car, Mr. Ben said, "Sir Jake, text or call me when you need to go home. I'll be going first because I need to pick up your father from work." "Okay, I understand" he replied.

It was amazing. There was a crowd of students inside. Before going to the venue, we must pass through the entrance. I saw DC Head AK, as I expected that he would be the one on duty for today's event. "Hey Nine, you look so stunning tonight." "Don't flatter me DC Head AK." I said.

"Oh! Can you please drop the formalities when we talk? Just call me AK" he uttered. "Ah, we need to register and get a name tag, right, AK?" "Yes, that's correct! Fill out the registration and wait for a minute. I'll give you and your friends' name tags." he said. We walked and waited under the big tree when Jake asked me, "Do you think senior AK has feelings for you?"

"That would be impossible. He must have a girlfriend or boyfriend with his handsome face." I stated. "So you're admitting that he's handsome?" he asked. "Yes, what's wrong with that?" I said. "Nothing, nothing" he replied. Then I saw AK walking in our direction. "Here are your name tags. Make sure to always keep it with you." AK said.

I was about to pin my name tag to my shirt when, "Nine, let me do it." AK said. I didn't know how to react, but he insisted so I let it be. "Ehem, ehem *coughing, Nine. We need to go now." Jake said. We said goodbye to senior AK and continued to walk towards the gymnasium.

I saw someone waving their hands at me. I couldn't clearly see because we were far away. We were welcomed by Aven. "I've been waiting for the two of you. By the way, Nine, you look so charming." Aven said. What a! Why do people around me say that I am just in my natural look? "Let's go inside. I hope we will make many friends." Jake uttered. We went inside and I was amazed. It was a beautiful place after all. I didn't expect that the seniors would give effort to the decorations for this party. I preferred to sit in the middle lane. I didn't want to get much attention. I just want this party to start and meet new people.

The gymnasium was a bit crowded, so it means that mostly 1st years attended. Then the party started. There were some messages from the Principal and the Head Teachers. After that, the real party started. I saw that my fellow students were dancing, chatting, and getting to know each other. I just sat still. Jake and Aven joined those students. I want to also join, but I am shy. When someone comes to me, "Why don't you associate with them? It's an acquaintance party, you know" he said. I mustered up all my courage and went towards the direction of Jake. There were more than 10 students who encircled me and wanted to be friends with me.

I think this activity is beneficial for creating bonds with fellow students. I have introduced myself more than 10 times now and I went back to my seat. I feel tired but my heart feels happy. I didn't notice the presence that there was someone beside me. "Good job out there! See, it is better to interact with many friends." he stated. I was wondering who this guy was, so I asked, "May I know your name? Can we be friends?" "I'm Santa. By the way, I don't want to be your friend!"he uttered. I was shocked and confused at the same time. It was the first time I was rejected when I offered friendship.

I felt sad but, "Can I ask? Why don't you want to be my friend?" I seriously asked. He sipped the juice he was drinking, "Because I want to be more than a friend, to be your boyfriend." he answered. I was not expecting his answer at all. I don't know what to say. "Hey! I'm not forcing you to like me or answer me immediately. For now, I'll ask you, can I court you?" he stated. I felt my cheeks were blushing and my ears were burning up. What to do, what should I say? A confession at a party and also the first day of class. OMG! What did I do well in my past life to deserve this? He was still waiting for my answer.

I decided to reject his offer. That's what I decided. I was about to say my answer when Jake walked towards me. "Nine, let's go there." he quickly grabbed my hand. We stopped and he asked, "What are you two talking about in the corner?" "Don't bother me, you're so nosy!" I stated. I felt like my head hurt. I went alone and sat in the corner. I closed my eyes and I saw this familiar peck of light. I tried to reach it but it wouldn't let me. It dropped on my forehead and flashed an event. There I saw a child being bullied, and a gorgeous child helping him. "Thank you for saving me." the bullied child said. "No worries, be careful." the savior said. "I finally found you my prince!" the bullied child shouted and the savior child just smiled at him.

"What? Who was that?" I was trying to remember anything about that, but I failed. I felt that my head was tearing up and my stomach hurt. "Oh no, I forgot to bring my meds. What an unlucky day." I said in my mind. I tried to suppress it but I could not anymore. I texted Jake and he quickly found me. "Here's your meds. Luckily, your mother gave me a set of them in case of an emergency at school" he stated. "Next time, say it to me so you won't suffer alone." he added. Jake went back to enjoy the party because I was fine already. I was kind of sleepy as a side effect of the medicine. Then someone sat beside me and leaned my head on his shoulder.

I felt comfortable and I couldn't fight my sleepiness. I slept on his shoulders. An hour passed and I heard someone waking me up. I opened my eyes and it was Aven. "Wake up now, we need to go on stage" he said. Aven explained to me that we needed to introduce ourselves and give some personal background. It's my turn now, "Hello! Good Evening Everyone! I am Nine Martinez from 1-Topaz". I added some of my achievements, hobbies, likes and dislikes. In the end, the 1st year, the MC called all the senior students who attended the party. They took turns introducing themselves, then I felt a familiar face and voice.